PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Duty Free vs NZ prices

19-11-2001, 02:19 PM
Are Singapore duty free prices lower than NZ duty free? I am going to Singapore next month, and again in January, and am looking to buy a DIGITAL CAMERA, perhaps also a CD BURNER. Any advice is welcome - as to price comparisons, where to shop, etc. I have tried Net searches but without getting prices. Thanks.

19-11-2001, 02:48 PM
Hi
Much Cheaper!!
I bought my Digital Video from
Dynasty Audio N Cameras
Sim Lim Square
Singapore
Ph (65) 3392162
Fax (650 3392162
Terry Teo Sales Exec a very Knowledgeable gent.

20-11-2001, 06:48 AM
Shopping in Singapore is not what it used to be years ago price wise but there are still heaps of good bargins to be had, it is a matter of knowing what you are after or minimum requirements you want, then using your feet to do the shopping. Favourite tactic of mine after settling o something is to stall for time, that can help in getting a better deal, bargin a little as well. Just be aware that international warranties might not be accepted here so it could be a case of buy at your own risk if it breaks.

21-11-2001, 12:04 AM
My experience of singapore shopping is that unless your are very well educated in what you are buying you'll get ripped off by the convincing 'Special price only for you my friend'. However, it is also true that being such a tech-paradise singapore does sell things at better prices, but do your research first, and if necessary, use big words...

24-11-2001, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info Laurie!

Did your purchase come with an international warranty?