PDA

View Full Version : Flash Player for Firefox 12 (Graphic Memory: 64 MB)

mdRASHIDkhi
26-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Hi,
I have to install older version of Firefox on my system for speedy browsing out of fear that newer version will slow down my PC. Beneath this message is given details of my system. I've also read that latest version of Flash Player requires graphic memory to be minimum 128 MB. The problem is that my graphic memory is 64 MB. I don't know if it can somehow be increased by getting access to BIOS during boot-time. I think it's the default maximum memory size of my graphic card.
Now I wish to know which older version of Flash Player will be suitable for my system in consideration of low graphic memory.
Thank you,
Rashid
System details:
Windows XP Pro
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
2.19 GHz, 960 MB of RAM

tmrafi
27-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Looks like your system is sharing memory for system and graphics. 960+64=1024 = 1GB RAM
Just add another GB of RAM and your graphics memory will go to 128MB or possibly 256MB

apsattv
29-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Just pick up a cheap video card in the $50-$70 price range most have at least 1 gig onboard. Then disable the onboard one.

mdRASHIDkhi
29-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Thank you so much to all my friends who cared to reply! I don't know if a new external video card is possible to fix on my motherboard. I'll take the PC to the nearby shop and listen to his counsel now. I at least know that the problem is with my video card or RAM which should be changed to solve the puzzle of Flash Player. Thanks again to my friends who cared to reply! Here, on this forum I have always received advice that guided me to move in the right direction. And before that I've presented two other problems and a friend even accessed my computer to solve a problem of long boot-time successfully.