PDA

View Full Version : Prob when making calls with my Galaxy Pocket

Greg
25-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I've just acquired a small Samsung Galaxy Pocket phone. Its all fine except - when I make a call the damn touch-screen continually locks every 3 seconds or so, with a pop up message "double tap to unlock". It's infuriating as I can't make any calls where I need to input numbers while on the phone. Of course I've checked every available setting ( I'm damn sure!) and am completely lost. Any advice please?

The Error Guy
25-03-2013, 04:35 PM
So, does double tapping to unlock not help? I'm guessing those galaxy pockets don't a have a proximity sensor either. In case they do, just make sure nothing is covering the front of the phone, eg take it out of any cases etc and try and see if that helps.

Greg
25-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Dunno about the proximity sensor. but yeah, the screen unlocks when I've tapped it, the a few seconds later the same blimmin lock occurs.

The Error Guy
25-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Have another look under dialer settings (press the menu button with the dialler open) look for something relating to screen timeout or similar, simply because this is a dialler specific problem it won't be in general settings.

You could also look in the play store for 3rd party dialler app such as this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.contapps.android.dialer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5jb 250YXBwcy5hbmRyb2lkLmRpYWxlciJd