PDA

View Full Version : No select buttons displayed Red Crosses

Happy Harry
24-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Hi Guys

I have some friends who on coming back from holiday, went into the ANZ internet bank site to pay bills etc.
The site doesn’t display properly, in that the select buttons are not shown. Hovering the mouse pointer around the area where you know the buttons should be, the mouse pointer changes from a “point” to the “select” icon,
indicating that the button is in fact there, but not being displayed.
Changing to another web site ( Press F1) some of the buttons/icons show as a box with a red cross inside.
I thought perhaps it was a JAVA issue, but loading the latest version has made no difference.
It does seem a little strange that this was all working before they went away and not when they came back as the PC had been turned off for the duration.

The PC is running XPPro and Internet Explorer 8.0.6001

Any input/resolve will be appreciated

Cheers
HH

Speedy Gonzales
24-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Might be this? Something maybe corrupt (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915158)

feersumendjinn
24-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Try clearing the temporary internet cache (in Firefox click Tools>Clear Recent History and select what you want; in IE Tools>Delete Browsing History ).

feersumendjinn
24-03-2013, 01:23 PM
You could also try Resetting IE (Tools>Internet Options>Advanced (tab)), caution, this will remove Favourites etc. Cant see a way to do this in FF.

Paul.Cov
25-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I get red crosses when I have Flash disabled. But Flash really shouldn't be necessary on a banking website.

Happy Harry
26-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks one and all

Have tried all the suggestions to date without success.
I think I will remove and reinstall IE 8 as my next step.

Cheers
HH

SanChippy
27-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Might be this? Something maybe corrupt (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915158)

Does this mean that all of the computers at my school are corrupted? This error occurs to everyone, and the Network Administrator or what ev hasn't got onto it yet.

Happy Harry
09-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Well!!
The fix in the end was to un-install and re-install Internet Explore 8
It would seem that a Windows update corrupted Windows Explorer.

Go figure.

HH