PDA

View Full Version : Skype Question..deleting a casual contact

Billy T
22-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi Team

When I open my Skype screen, in addition to my contacts at the left side of the screen, there is on the main screen a small photo image of a casual contact made some time back by a friend of our son, along with his name and a personal comment/slogan. I wouldn't mind that so much if it wasn't for the awful picure that accompanies it. So far as I can see, this is the only place this image and name appears in my Skype set-up.

The guy is not in my contacts list or in any other place I can find but that screen location and it doesn't respond to left or right clicking etc.

Is there any way to get rid of this?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

wainuitech
22-03-2013, 11:33 PM
By any chance is the person in the Outlook Contacts ( if you have Outlook) ?

Don't know if this will be of any help, it relates to Outlook/Skype:

It really depends on whether the contact is somebody you talk to on skype or a contacted from outlook.

If it is somebody you actually added on skype then you should be able to just right click onto the contact and click on remove contact.
If it was via outlook then you will need to go to Contacts > Show Outlook contacts, and they should disappear.

Billy T
24-03-2013, 09:52 PM
By any chance is the person in the Outlook Contacts ( if you have Outlook) ?

Don't know if this will be of any help, it relates to Outlook/Skype:

Yes I have Outlook, but no, he is not in my contacts list.

The entry actually appeared to vanish few minutes after I posted that query, but when I opened Skype again just now to see if it was still gone, there it was, back again in all its malevolent glory.

I am thoroughly baffled!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Billy T
24-03-2013, 10:06 PM
OK

I've now found this person in my Skype 'blocked contacts' folder, along with a second person whom I do not recognise either, but her name suggests that she is an Eastern European 'scam' husband-hunter. She does not appear on my Skype page, but the other blocked contact (who is known to our son) does appear.
'
I still can't find a way to get the guy's photo off the page, or out of my contacts list, and if I mouse-over, the green 'make video call' pops up!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Nomad
24-03-2013, 11:08 PM
From my experience. The new Skype combines with MSN as well ... is the contact a MSN member? If so you can log onto MSN Live 'aka outlook' and delete that member there ... you should have got a message that they wanted your approval .... This works with my NZ ISP email addy too ... somehow MSN just needs your email address registered online at their site....

Billy T
26-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Ok!

It seems to be fixed now and the unwanted name and photo appear to have disappeared permanently. When I tried to work on this last night, Skype wouldn't cooperate, and I got the impression it was updating my software because I got a message saying that Skype Home was not available right now and to try again later.

Tonight it opened normally but with a revised screen view and no evidence of the unwanted hanger-on.

That is a relief, it was an awful looking photo and irritated the hell out of me!

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :thumbs: