PDA

View Full Version : Chrome vs Firefox - first time with Chrome

Nomad
21-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Is it possible with Chrome to install a language converter and a youtube video downloader that I used to thru "add-ons with FF"?

Overall I find the look of the fonts a bit better with Firefox and the Chrome doesn't have the menu bar.

SanChippy
21-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I think so. You just have to do a bit of searching. Be careful to download only videos that you have permission to!

Chilling_Silence
21-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Chrome automatically converts non English pages. Also, use savemedia.com :-)

goodiesguy
21-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Chrome is too simplistic, besides, Firefox's interface is De-facto to me.

icow
21-03-2013, 09:59 PM
keepvid.com is also another option, unfortunately it uses the forever exploitable platform known as Java. I would imagine that downloadhelper is also available for chrome (firefox user here, don't actually know).

Winston001
21-03-2013, 10:06 PM
I can see the attractions of Chrome's minimalist look but I've spent years training Firefox for my browsing wishes and cannot see the advantage of doing that over again with a new browser. Its just a window onto the internet.

Nomad
21-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Cheers :) just toying around with it, probably go back to FF. I watched a video that it does lang conversion automatically with a toolbar at the top when it detects a foreign lang webpage, but I am wanting it for like Facebook where most of it is English where I can just highlight a line or two and hit translate.

Speedy Gonzales
21-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Chrome was found to have more vulnerabilities than any other browser too