PDA

View Full Version : Help needed from an Outlook 2007 expert

WalOne
20-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I recently reinstalled Office 2007 and in doing so, lost all my e-mail settings. (OS Windows 7)

The problem now is that e-mail is received from the ISP (Orcon) and is downloaded without problem to my phone (running WP7.5). Having downloaded to the phone, e-mails are not always retained on the server although some - not all - can be read on Orcon's webmail.

I need to find the settings that enable me to access e-mail on Outlook 2007. I have exhausted on-line help with M$, and Orcon aren't much help as they claim it's most likely am Outlook setting that's causing this.

Anybody?

:help:

20-03-2013, 11:30 AM
??? Orcan help desk should have easily been able to tell you how to setup the email. Perhaps they should hire
some new monkeys for the help desk

Outlook setup is here
http://www.orcon.net.nz/support/gfaq_page/setting_up_email#Outlook%202007

If the mail is missing from the Orcons server, its gone & you wont get it back.

wainuitech
20-03-2013, 11:44 AM
If you want to leave a copy on the server so all devices can receive them then do the following: ( this is from 2010 but 2007 is similar) Open Outlook, tools menu ( Outlook 2010 is File) Account Settings/Select the account / Change/ Bottom right, More Settings/ Advanced Tab, bottom of that window you can select various options to leave a copy.

As mentioned by 1101 - once the current mail is gone from Orcan its gone - the settings will only apply to new mails.

WalOne
20-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I've made some changes now I need some emails to come in to see if the problem's addressed or not. Cheers.

WalOne
20-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks, all fixed - Outlook 2007 and WP7.5 both behaving themselves now.

:thumbs: