PDA

View Full Version : VoIP problems - can't call out

decibel
17-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Aaahh! In an effort to improve speech quality, I changed my 2talk settings and now can't call out. (I get a sort of "disconnect tone" which I can't break) Calls in-bound work perfectly.

I have a Cisco SPA122 (v1.3.1) into an ASUS N12U (v1.0.4.1) thru Snap broadband to 2talk. (set to Cisco SPA1xx v1.2)

I had been having problems with incoming calls going straight to voicemail, so I upgraded both the Cisco box and the Asus box on the 7th March and no problems, but things turned to custard on Friday and I can't pinpoint exactly what I did.

I got a quick screen message flicked up about changes to 2talks 2+ system and I suspect there could be a mismatch.

My Cisco box is set to use sip.2talk.co.nz as the proxy (instead of tls.2talk.co.nz), but does anyone know how to check on the 2talk website to see whether I am on 2+ or not??

I have lodged a trouble ticket with 2talk but it is Sunday.

cheers -

Chilling_Silence
17-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Set the "proxy" as "plus.2talk.co.nz" or "sip.2talk.co.nz", means you're on 2talk+

Also, if you've changed your codecs, you make sure you still have g711 alaw / ulaw or g729. Then, make sure you've matched it on your SPA122.

Can you receive inbound calls ?

Finally, make sure your account balance is paid up.

decibel
17-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks but tried all that.

I had done a factory default reset earlier by dialling the secret number, but tried again from the login GUI. This offered an extra option - "Voice factory defaults" while leaving "Network factory defaults" un-ticked.

Hit the button, entered my Line details and password and it all burst back into life.

Somewhere amongst the thousand drop-down boxes was an error which I will probably never identify.
Pity the config file (which I have now saved & dated) is not editable.

cheers.

Chilling_Silence
18-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Thankfully they're not too hard to get online, usually it's just:
Username
Password
SIP Proxy (sip.2talk.co.nz)

Done :D

paulw
18-03-2013, 12:37 PM
This reorder tone you are getting. Do you still get it if you put a # at the end of the number immediately after dialing the number?? As Chill said 2Talk is pretty easy to setup..

decibel
18-03-2013, 07:21 PM
This reorder tone you are getting. Do you still get it if you put a # at the end of the number immediately after dialing the number?? As Chill said 2Talk is pretty easy to setup..

All over now and much as I would like to know exactly what setting was wrong - I'm not going back to try it.

paulw
19-03-2013, 06:12 PM
All over now and much as I would like to know exactly what setting was wrong - I'm not going back to try it.

Don't blame you. :-)