PDA

View Full Version : HP mini 311 hangs when trying to restart and when you try to shut it down

Speedy Gonzales
17-03-2013, 10:33 AM
I managed to install Win7 on this thing. It's up to date now. BUT, the only prob is, it hangs if you restart it. It doesnt matter if you restart it, or restart it after an update. It gets to shutting down and hangs

It loads fine, everything works properly, while you're using it. Except the above. Nothing is installed besides the drivers, FF, ccleaner, that's it. No MSE yet. No separate firewall. I'm using Windows FW.

Tried it with / without battery, and with / without power. Same thing, it hangs. Anyone have any ideas, what I could try next to get the thing to shut down!

Speedy Gonzales
17-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Hmm may have been the Nvidia drivers. I uninstalled 3.14 of the drivers, it reverted back to 3.11. It shut down. But it still wont restart / it hangs with 3.11 of the drivers. So, may have to uninstall these, to see if it restarts

Speedy Gonzales
17-03-2013, 11:22 AM
OK uninstalled all the Nvidia drivers except the chipset drivers. Which are Nvidia as well. Uninstalled the updated wireless drivers. And now it looks like it shuts down and restarts lol.

So, I'm back to the default windows drivers. Since everything else hangs, if you restart or shutdown. So: If it works / aint broke dont update it lol

One thing that may have caused it, a corrupt driver, or something. And it kept hanging because of it