PDA

View Full Version : IE 5.5 new mail account

18-11-2001, 11:46 AM
I would like to open my yahoo email as a new account on IE desktop page.
I go tools,accounts, mail, add,and the wizard starts I get lost on the second and third pages of the wizard.
Especialy the third page which asks questionslike my incoming mail server is....? and incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP server) and also question 3 on page 3 of the wizard An SMTP server is the server that is used for outgoing email. Outgoing mail (SMTP) server.
All this gobbely gook to me I dont want to stuff up what I already have going.
But I would like to accesss my Yahho mail without going into Yahoo Messenger or yahoo.com.
Thanks in adavance for any help you can give me.

Cheers
Ted

18-11-2001, 01:15 PM
It might not be possible to use smtp and pop for yahoo, someone else might know for sure but to give an example of smtp and pop it goes like this. Lets assume you were with xtra, pop would be pop3.xtra.co.nz and the smtp would be smtp.xtra.co.nz

18-11-2001, 01:56 PM
yahoo is web mail only, not an ISP. you can only get mail from their site, similar to hotmail, zfree etc. sometimes you just gotta pay...

18-11-2001, 04:45 PM
Thanks for responding guys I appreciate it.
When I first got my computer my computer geek mate Speed come around. From what I remember ( Although I have killed a few brain cells by drinking copious amounts of piss) went into the account wizard to put Hotmail on the OE desktop so I didnt have to go to the hotmail sign in page.
I seem to remember (drunk lots of rum when I was in the navy) that he said I could open any email account web based or POP3.
Thanks again for help so far.

Cheers
Ted H

18-11-2001, 04:55 PM
Pay Jazzy ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Ted

18-11-2001, 10:02 PM
I don't know if they still offer it, but a friend of mine has been using Yahoo for POP mail for years, for free, so perhaps they're not just web based... I don't use Yahoo, so I've never looked to find out