PDA

View Full Version : Vigo 7" Android Tablet

Paul Ramon
16-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Friend has a Vigo 7" Android tablet that has had the swipe password put in by neighbours kid! The little s**t now says he didn't do it & consequently they have exceeded the max tries and now it's locked. I can't find how to factory reset anywhere on the net that works, in fact there is very little info about it anywhere - even vigo's own website. It was bought from the warehouse about 12 -14 months ago I think. Anybody have any experience with one of these? They just want it up and running, datas not important. Can't even find firmware updates or info!

johnnymax
16-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Found this
This works with devices having physical home button:-
1. Press the power button and the home button together for a while, long enough until the screen appears with Android bot and a progress bar which shows that it's formatting the internal memory.
With NO physical HOME button:-
2. In case your device does not have a physical home button, press the power button and both the volume keys together for few seconds.
3. Press gently the "reset pin-hole" present generally on a side of Tablet. Use a clip-pin or similarly fine thing to gently push inside to reset your device to factory settings

The Error Guy
16-03-2013, 04:57 PM
You *should* be able to reset your password by signing into you google account. A mate set the pattern password once and couldn't remember it. Even though I was offline it let me type in my google acct and password and unlocked it. This was on Android 2.3.1 so it might not work on the later builds

EDIT - Just tried it on my S2 running 4.2.2 (latest) - if you look in the bottom right there is a little text that reads "Forgot Pattern" - just tap that and enter your google acct.

SanChippy
17-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Friend has a Vigo 7" Android tablet that has had the swipe password put in by neighbours kid! The little s**t now says he didn't do it...
Kids these days have no sense of ownership.

Last night my sis dropped her tablet. I told her to be careful. She said, "It don't matter, it's not like its yours, and even if it was I wouldn't care." I was shocked at this sense of responsibility, much like that kid mentioned above.
Somtimes, kids do tell the truth and as adults we need to learn the signs of lying

Paul Ramon
19-03-2013, 09:42 PM
None of those options to factory reset worked so I ended up emailing the distributers, Phoenix Distribution in Albany. Got a prompt email back saying to send it to them and they would factory reset and courier back at NO CHARGE. Amazing service which you don't see too often these days.