PDA

View Full Version : Skype video settings

caffy
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi,

Whenever I start a Skype video call for the first time after starting Skype, the video quality is always dark, and auto-focus is selected so I need to change it every time I open Skype (note, not every time I make a video call).

When in video settings, clicking on webcam settings opens the Logitech Webcam Properties for my webcam (HD Webcam C525). Even after making the changes, and saving it it still reverts back to the original setting after Skype has been closed.

How do I stop Logitech being the 'default' settings in Skype? It's not in the programmes list in Control Panel so I can't uninstall it...

Speedy Gonzales
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Don't think you can uninstall it. Even if you could. since it may remove the drivers as well. see if you can reinstall the latest drivers over it

caffy
05-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Done, but now I have the Logitech Webcam Controller software window appearing when I open webcam settings - I had a problem with this previously when in a video call, as explained here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?124054-Webcam-freezes-when-Skype-video-call-starts). Am yet to test a video call so don't know if it will pop up this time round.

Is there no way to stop it altogether, and let the webcam continue to work?

Speedy Gonzales
05-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Sounds similar to the MS webcam program / lifecam. When you go into video / webcam settings lifecam comes up. So you can adjust whatever. But it doesnt stay open. And you can close it

Altho I've just tested it now and all it does now is bring up a little window saying camera control / video settings. On yours there maybe an entry in startup?

caffy
06-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Will look into that tonight, thanks.