PDA

View Full Version : slow connections!!! (ihug,zfree)

16-11-2001, 11:10 PM
For the last week the internet has been insufferably slow or near impossible! I use ihug and zfree and they are as bad as each other. Now I don't expect zfree to be fast or reliable but ihug is down right shocking, most of the time it is slower than zfree. Is it me or are other people finding it difficult to surf lately?

16-11-2001, 11:15 PM
sorry I should have mentioned i use a 56k dialup.

17-11-2001, 11:28 AM
I'm with Paradise Net on DSL and it's been slow this week too.

17-11-2001, 12:15 PM
well in the last day or so xtra has been sweet, paradise is good as usuall but ihug just kept getting engaged signals.

the catch with connections is that it could be your comp, phone lines(inside house and outside), local exchange overloading, or the isp's network. all it takes is telecom to change the exange config, water to get into the lines, someone accently generating interference.... the list goes on. o joy what fun it is ;-)

20-11-2001, 03:39 AM
connection to over seas have been very slow on certain days this month think it could be cable problems thay often upgrade or get snagged by fishing nets also the usa is very busy at the moment with their crisis and everyone using the net to communicate