PDA

View Full Version : XP and Soundblaster Live Value

15-11-2001, 11:10 AM
98SE, 450Mhz,512 ram, 20G, P111.
I have downloaded the UpgradeAdvice from MS and done a check on my system. It said there could be some incompatability with the Live Value soundcard. Has any XP users with Soundblaster Live Value had any problems?
Any XP users with no problems?
Are new drivers needed?

15-11-2001, 12:11 PM
MS have acknowledged a problem (memory leak) on some configurations with XP. You can read the body of their message at the following link.

http://forums.gameplanet.co.nz/showthread.php?threadid=3499

You will have to do a search for the original message on the MS support site in order to download the fix they supply.

15-11-2001, 01:21 PM
Am running XP Pro with a SBLive Value and have had no problems whatsoever (mind you I did start from a clean install). I see that Creative have also finally posted updated drivers to make the cards XP compatible too.
Cheers

16-11-2001, 11:41 PM
I am running XP with a SoundBlaster Live Value card.

As a matter of course I downloaded drivers for ALL my hardware that I could find before updating from Win98SE with the idea that getting the drivers before I couldn't use my modem anymore was A GOOD IDEA.

I haven't yet had a chance to install the updated driver for my soundcard but have had no problems using the installed drivers that were with Win98SE.