PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Firefox

KenESmith
23-01-2013, 05:50 PM
I have Firefox version 18.0.1.4764 installed.

I am encountering an annoying problem with a number of websites.
When one enters some websites, for example, telegraph.co.uk, Elders Weather Australia being another, on the first page one receives the following message:

"Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading"
This can be over ridden in most cases, so it is a nuisance rather than a real problem.

However since upgrading to the version above, I am running into a stonewall on my UK Bank, Barclays, and specifically Barclaycard Visa.

I can get into the web-site OK, and they have pretty reasonable security on access, much more than ANZ, ASB and Westppac.

The problem is when one tries to go past the successful "Log In" page, Firefox blocks this with the same Message:
"Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading"

However, there is a subtle difference, the over ride does not work, and one is blocked from going to the pages that contain the transaction information and balances. To put it mildly it is just more than a bit pissing off.

Can anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the finer nuances of Firefox suggest a way of getting round this problem.

Many thanks in anticipation

wainuitech
23-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Disable the warning, its FF being over protective ( to a degree)

Open Firefox navigate to Tools > Options > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page" Untick the box, Click OK. You may need to close and reopen FF to take effect.

KenESmith
25-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Many thanks wainuitech, the problem has gone away so far as the message is concerned and needing to over ride it, but I am still having problems with accessing Barclay's Bank and Barclaycard on line. It looks like I will need to get onto them.

Colpol
28-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Many thanks wainuitech, the problem has gone away so far as the message is concerned and needing to over ride it, but I am still having problems with accessing Barclay's Bank and Barclaycard on line. It looks like I will need to get onto them.

Just a thought. Have you tried with another browser. IE. Some sites don't like non MS browsers. A couple of the sites my wife uses play silly buggers with anything but IE.

mzee
28-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Just a thought. Have you tried with another browser. IE. Some sites don't like non MS browsers. A couple of the sites my wife uses play silly buggers with anything but IE.
If you do not wish to use Internet Explorer, install the add on "IE-Tabs". This allows you to use the IE engine in Fire Fox.

pheonix
28-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Also keep in mind if the bank uses java , then Firefox has turned it off due to a security flaw. try going into tools - addons - Plugins and enable it. For your security it may be wise to disable it again afterwards until they patch it.