PDA

View Full Version : Where are the concrete cells?

coldot
13-01-2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10858787&ref=rss
And here was me thinking that prison cells were solid concrete walls and steel barred doors!
(Oldies may remember the 1940s air raid shelters - somehow I thought that's what prison cells were like.)

Cicero
13-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Refer to Prefect for solution.

prefect
13-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Well you got it from coldot, concrete cells, with built in concrete bed base, chair and table.
Same as aborigine bars in Australia obviously with out the bed base. The beauty of the aborigine bar is that's its indestructible when the patrons fight and what ever and it just needs a hosing out of bodily fluids and human tissue.

pctek
13-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Escape proof cells are a bit like unsinkable boats.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/11992705

http://people.howstuffworks.com/alcatraz.htm

$180,000 and still it didn't work.

Paul.Cov
13-01-2013, 01:21 PM
They should have thrown a lit match in there with the little turd. The most he deserves is a bullet, as he's determined to be maximum nuisance, and will cost the state dearly until the day we are blessed with his death.

This guy is the reason capital punishment should occasionally have a place.

prefect
13-01-2013, 01:36 PM
They should have thrown a lit match in there with the little turd. The most he deserves is a bullet, as he's determined to be maximum nuisance, and will cost the state dearly until the day we are blessed with his death.

x1, dead right there squire.

Cicero
13-01-2013, 02:00 PM

The do gooders would have none of that kind of talk.

Dirty Harry used to have the right idea, though a few refused to make his day.

FoxyMX
13-01-2013, 05:29 PM
"He's a little nuggety guy - if Forden had set the cell on fire, they wouldn't have been able to get him out."

Do everyone a favour and leave him in there then.

kahawai chaser
13-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Maybe a crate to house him, like what the South African police did to their prisoners several years ago.

Chilling_Silence
13-01-2013, 07:10 PM
He's a legend and an *******, all at once...

Bobh
13-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Maybe a crate to house him, like what the South African police did to their prisoners several years ago.
At one stage somebody muted the idea of putting kiwi prisoners in containers.

R2x1
13-01-2013, 11:21 PM
. . .

Only on a trial basis of course. We have to determine which prisoners are rehabilitated by this method. If they're not fully rehabilitated, they should be set free posthumously.

Agent_24
14-01-2013, 11:17 AM
They put the walls together with pop rivets. I blame the idiots who built it.

prefect
14-01-2013, 12:02 PM
If they had used monel tucker pop rivets the clown wouldn't have been able to knock their tops off. Although if I was a contractor doing a government job they would have got mild steel or ally tucker pop rivets.

mikebartnz
14-01-2013, 01:50 PM
My reading of it was the camera was fixed with pop rivets and that is what he took of and used to trash the place.

rob_on_guitar
14-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Still reckon just select an island as far away from civilization as possible, say an island 4km by 4km, dump all prisoners there, put a pack of ciggies in the middle.

Chilling_Silence
14-01-2013, 03:35 PM
^^ They tried that, it's called Australia ;)

Agent_24
14-01-2013, 03:36 PM
My reading of it was the camera was fixed with pop rivets and that is what he took of and used to trash the place.

Ah, looks like you are right. Still, they should have done it better.

R2x1
14-01-2013, 10:05 PM
If he only gets fed once he has fixed all the damage, he may have a bit of incentive to learn from the experience.

Paul.Cov
15-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Simple solution. A bare, empty cell, with only a thin mattress on the floor, and a plastic bucket for his wastes.

If he wrecks the bucket he has to lie in his own mess.

If it gets messed it (and he) get the hose as a means of cleaning.

Lesson would be quickly learnt not to trash anything.

Problem is we're too PC, and heed the 'human rights' of those who violate everyone elses rights. We treat these scum with kind treatment like we give our weak, our sick and our elderly, when instead a beating would do them more good.

WalOne
15-01-2013, 07:27 AM
At one stage somebody muted the idea of putting kiwi prisoners in containers.

I wonder what happened to that scheme?

Keeping in mind it was mooted as a cheap alternative to traditional materials, with the qualities of being durable and difficult to trash:

Shipping Containers (http://www.designboom.com/architecture/luxury-shipping-container-hotel-in-china/)

Bobh
15-01-2013, 08:51 AM
I wonder what happened to that scheme?

Keeping in mind it was mooted as a cheap alternative to traditional materials, with the qualities of being durable and difficult to trash:

Shipping Containers (http://www.designboom.com/architecture/luxury-shipping-container-hotel-in-china/)
I would hope, if it happened and prisoners were stored in containers, that these containers would not be furnished anything like those seen in the luxury Chinese container hotel.

WalOne
15-01-2013, 01:25 PM
That'd be an outside chance with Crusher Collins in charge!

dugimodo
15-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm usually on the side of treating people well, but not for prisoners. It's not a holiday resort, stainless steel? why isn't it concrete? Pop riveted camera? why isn't it mounted inside the CONCRETE wall with a thick sheet of perspex or something blocking any access. Why isn't the whole room waterproof, indestructible, and able to be hosed out at any time. Don't like it? obey the law.

If you give a Human being something to grasp or a tool to use they will find a way to break stuff. If everything is steel and concrete and built solidly enough this wouldn't happen. If they have to pander to prisoners with cushy cells at least build a few old school ones for guys like this to end up in when they misbehave and understand they have only themselves to blame if they end up there.

Chilling_Silence
15-01-2013, 03:52 PM
^^ I'll second those sentiments!