PDA

View Full Version : Download Adobe CS2 products for free

Speedy Gonzales
08-01-2013, 09:23 PM
From Adobe. (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html). Not too sure if these are free. Some sites say you still need CS2 or something?

bob_doe_nz
08-01-2013, 10:15 PM
It isn't free. (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57562515-263/adobe-releases-creative-suite-2-for-free/)

There has been clarification since this story broke. Adobe has not released the CS2 software for free. Instead, it has cancelled its CS2 license management servers, so for those with existing licenses it is now offering downloads that do not require contact with the licensing servers. This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software.

A pity.

goodiesguy
09-01-2013, 10:09 AM
That's just stupid. They need to be released free. I still am shocked Microsoft hasn't released all the Dos-based systems as abandon or freeware.

KarameaDave
09-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Free? So you don't have to pay for the current version?
Why the hell would they?
I wouldn't.

Chilling_Silence
09-01-2013, 11:03 AM
See here, the reply from Dov Isaacs:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974836#4974836

pcuser42
09-01-2013, 11:21 AM
That's just stupid. They need to be released free. I still am shocked Microsoft hasn't released all the Dos-based systems as abandon or freeware.

Thing is Adobe don't want to maintain the activation servers any more. DOS never needed activation. ;)

On a side note, I wonder what will happen to Windows XP...

goodiesguy
09-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Just checked and am confused why Audition 3.0 is in the list of downloads, when that's not CS2, that's CS3.
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Speedy Gonzales
09-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Well if Adobe are stupid enough to put the downloads on their site, with a serial (and if it does install /work / even if they were for customers only), that's their prob. Not mine, or anyone else's. Who decided to download whatever product :p

Altho as it says, it may or may not install anyway, or work on more modern systems

ChazTheGeek
09-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Thing is Adobe don't want to maintain the activation servers any more. DOS never needed activation. ;)

On a side note, I wonder what will happen to Windows XP...

XP will probably be a near unusable OS as there will be no software support for it in a few years time. New hardware will probably not support XP either. It may not be able to be activated either.

I think XP will rot in it's grave...

goodiesguy
09-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm downloading some of the stuff to see if it indeed works:
Photoshop Elements
Photoshop CS2
Creative Suite

I'll update if any of them work, as i'm not violating any laws as far as I know, as The serials and files are all on Adobe's site, and they own the software. I probably won't even use the software, as i'm fine with GIMP, i'm just curious to see if it does indeed work.

Speedy Gonzales
09-01-2013, 11:45 AM
According to a few sites, whatever should work fine. No prob at all

goodiesguy
09-01-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm reading the adobe forum link that posted in an earlier post and their official statement doesn't state anywhere that we can't use the software:

Community Admin wrote:

Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.

And it seems a lot of people in that forum, including one person who said he was a former Moderator and beta tester are freely using this software too.

So it seems at least for now that the stuff's free. I'm getting it while I can.

EDIT: A user has posted the following:

Just tested with Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro. There are NO licensing terms presented during install, just the serial number input box. After install, you are shown an EULA on first launch, which nowhere suggests that any previous license is required. On the contrary, it says that you if you obtained the SW from Adobe (or one of its authorized license partners), you are granted an non-exclusive licence to use the SW subject to the licensing conditions etc. (more legal blurb).

So, pretty much tough cookies for Adobe. (Looks like they are well aware of their screwup, just not willing to admit it publicly).

goodiesguy
09-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Photoshop is installed and it's working perfectly, Sweet!

Gonna try Photoshop Elements now. And after that, the Creative Suite.

Bobh
09-01-2013, 02:32 PM
I found with creative suite that after you install disc1 it then asks you to insert cd 2. Are you supposed to burn disc 1, disc 2 and disc 3 to cds?

Photoshop also comes as part of Creative Suite, I think.