PDA

View Full Version : Mouse works in all other USB ports but one?

SanChippy
05-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi all I have a wireless mouse that has a USB receiver, which works in every other Port except one as the title says.
I want to know how to fix this, I have already tried re-installing the drivers for it and stuff and it doesn't seem to be working, and have also tried plugging and unplugging the receiver, to no avail.

How is this possible?:banana(Dancing of frustration)

Oh it makes the hardware inserted sound when I put it in the port that it doesn't work showing that it is recognised but not working still? (It used to work in all of the ports) Also any other device works perfectly fine in this port.

Please Help!

Agent_24
06-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Have you tried deleting all your USB controller entries in device manager and rebooting?

SanChippy
06-01-2013, 01:02 PM
I'll try that, though it looks like it might take a while - 20+ items

feersumendjinn
06-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Bent/corroded pin/contact inside plug or socket?
Big hunk of furry dust inside same (can happen if never/hardly ever used).

Agent_24
06-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Bent/corroded pin/contact inside plug or socket?
Big hunk of furry dust inside same (can happen if never/hardly ever used).

That's what I thought, but he said other things work in that socket, so it seems a bit odd. Unless there was some marginal contact or such and it was just bad enough to prevent that specific device from working but not bad enough to stop anything else.

dugimodo
06-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Does it really have to be plugged into one particular socket? Anyway sounds like a poor connection, maybe a short USB extension cable might do the trick if it has a tighter fit and a better connection.

KarameaDave
06-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah, the problem could be deformed or worn contacts
every insertion is one less.

If you see what I mean.

Frank_sumbody
06-01-2013, 09:46 PM
..... um I can not remember seeing that you have tried another mouse out on that "disobedient usb port", sometimes it pays to have a spare mouse in the draw.

Agent_24
07-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Did you all miss where he said:

any other device works perfectly fine in this port?

SanChippy
07-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Does it really have to be plugged into one particular socket? Anyway sounds like a poor connection, maybe a short USB extension cable might do the trick if it has a tighter fit and a better connection.
Not really, it's just bugging me hard out

SanChippy
07-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Have you tried deleting all your USB controller entries in device manager and rebooting?

I think I found the problem. When I plug the mouse into that "disobedient" port it turn up as any other HID-Compliant Mouse, but doesn't end up working. Where as in other port it comes up with the usual driver that it uses - a logitech one. Strange that it would install as a different device and driver on a different port, yet the same computer...

Anyways the problem has been fixed after deleting all of the USB controller devices in the DM, Thanks for your input Agent_24:o