PDA

View Full Version : I need a motherboard

lostsoul62
05-01-2013, 03:08 PM
I have an AMD 965 CPU and want to buy a mid-range motherboard for it, one I donít have to flash the BIOS which is my problem now. I bought a cheap mobo and it works fine with a tiny CPU but when I drop a AMD 965 on it I couldnít even get video so Iím betting I need a better mobo vs. having a bad CPU, itís a gamble, but Iím not sure what to buy. (I donít have the tiny CPU anymore) I want good support and MSI has that but I have an AMD 955 computer with an Asus mobo which I like but canít buy at Fryís Electronic because if I buy an mobo over the Internet, well I donít have good luck. Any suggestions?

Speedy Gonzales
05-01-2013, 03:19 PM
I would take the CPU back to the shop when you brought it. And ask if they can install a lower spec CPU in it. Then flash it. Then put the AMD 965 CPU back in. Then see if it works. It'd be a lot cheaper than buying another mobo.

Which, may or may not work straight out of the box. Even, if you buy a new mobo, it doesnt mean the CPU is going to work, if you dont update the BIOS on it first. Not all new mobos come with the latest BIOS

pctek
05-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I would take the CPU back to the shop when you brought it.
+1

They'll flash it for you.