PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Blekin N600Db Modem Router

KiwiTaff
03-01-2013, 04:27 PM
I've just bought this router but am having great problems setting it up, I connect it with the network cable to my PC and with the phone cable via a filter and then insert the cd and run the set-up, it appears to install all the programs and is then supposed to show a pop up box for me to enter the SSID and password. The problem is that the pop up box doesn't appear and I can't seem to access it. I can click on the Belkin icon in the taskbar but when I click on router settings nothing happens, nor when i try to click on the user manual (although i can access that directly from the disk). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, downloading it from the Belkin site but nothing works.

I'm at a bit of a loss at what to do, could my PC be not compatible? What would I need to check to find out? I currently use a d-link dsl 2642b wireless router and that works OK but I wanted something with a bit more range and grunt as we are getting more and more wireless devices at home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
03-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Do it manually. Log into the router thru a browser, then configure it. I wouldn't bother with the cd, to try and set it up

KiwiTaff
03-01-2013, 04:52 PM
How would I log onto it manually? Do I just google the ip for the router?

Speedy Gonzales
03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
You should have the manual for it. Or it maybe written on the modem somewhere. According to this the ip is 192.168.2.1 (http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?rnId=470)

KiwiTaff
03-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a go, it seems to have some manual steps in the manual so will have a go at that and see if it works. Thanks for your help :)

Speedy Gonzales
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
No probs

KiwiTaff
04-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Logged into the router manually and with a little help from my ISP it is all sorted, thanks again.

Speedy Gonzales
05-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Sweet!