PDA

View Full Version : Ingress

The Error Guy
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Got my invite a few days ago and I'm just beginning to learn the ropes.

Turns out its a bit difficult to work out (for me at least) but I seem to have got it sorted now. There is a good following in Porirua/Wellington (or at least a good following for NZ :D the US is crazy full of portals) so I'm not entirely out of portals to hack but there are none directly around where I am :( so it means I trip into town if I want to have any crazy fun. Since I'm off to Beijing soon I had a look to see if there were any there. Seems there are so that will be a good way to get me out of the house and around the city!!!

Anyone here play? I'm guessing only chill...

I'm with the enlightened, couldn't decide and flipped 3x coins. Turns out NZ is a bit of an evil country. Lots of enlightened around whereas most places have a huge dumping of resistance.

Jen
02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
That looks very different - a twist on Geocaching.

How long did you have to wait for your invite?

Chilling_Silence
02-01-2013, 07:51 PM
I got my invite a while back but there's no portals nearby where I travel, so I'm going to go around and submit a few.

Auckland is mostly Enlightened, Wellington is the opposite, it's kind of funny :p

R2x1
02-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Wellington is Enheavied ? ? ? Unlightened ? ? Endarked ? ?

The Error Guy
02-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Can't remember, I went to the site, made a request and a few months later I was pleasantly surprised to get an invite :). I'm still not fully to grips with it, do you submit a portal by tagging a landmark/location? I'll have to read up. It looks like a chose a good side to be on. Being the underdog makes it more fun in some ways. Satisfaction when you beat the other team. There's some XM on the motorway behind my house. Dare me to get it? :D

I think you can recruit people to join your faction and thus, send them an invite. Not sure.

Certainly when I move to welly I'll get out and about portal hacking.

feersumendjinn
03-01-2013, 11:47 AM
In case anybody was wondering
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticproject.ingress

Iantech
03-01-2013, 12:33 PM
In case anybody was wondering
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticproject.ingressCheers, I was one of those wondering :D

Chilling_Silence
04-01-2013, 12:19 AM
^^ still need an invite key though

The Error Guy
04-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Get one, it's worth waiting I reckon.