PDA

View Full Version : Next question

tut
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I built a small table for my 20" LCD TV, my building skills are not the best I reckon 'cos it fell off and cracked the screen.
It is a rather neat little TV and I am wondering if it is worthwhile or even possible to replace the screen. I bought it off Trademe for $60.
It still goes but obviously not very well picture wise.

The Error Guy
02-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Well lets hope your electrical skills are better than the building ones :)

Crack it open and disassemble it, have a look on the panel for any identifying parts/numbers. You should be able to replace the LCD panel for a relatively cheap price. Depending on the unit you could even upgrade it (Better colour/sharpness or pixel density) but probably not upgrade in size unless you want to build a frame for it! :p

tut
02-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Well lets hope your electrical skills are better than the building ones :)

Crack it open and disassemble it, have a look on the panel for any identifying parts/numbers. You should be able to replace the LCD panel for a relatively cheap price. Depending on the unit you could even upgrade it (Better colour/sharpness or pixel density) but probably not upgrade in size unless you want to build a frame for it! :p

LOL. Actually I was lying on the floor trying to connect up the VCR and decoder and pushed the table to better get at things and forgot the TV was on top.
I will open it up tomorrow and see what i can find. Never done an LCD screen before but have replaced a few CRT's.

The Error Guy
02-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Similar process, disconnect the cables and pull away the panel. reverse for new one. Of course each one is different and your model is always the most difficult to repair :rolleyes: