PDA

View Full Version : Darts - Bring On The Final

Twelvevolts
01-01-2013, 10:24 AM
For the second year in a row I have become captivated by the darts and looking forward to the final tomorrow between the old master Phil Taylor and the young gun Micheal van Gerwen.

The level of competition since the quarters has been amazing and van Gerwin has been a machine, just missed out on two consecutive nine darters yesterday and still lost the set.

Hard to see how even Phil Taylor can stop van Gerwin, but if anyone can then it is Taylor at his best.

The spectacle yesterday included a near punch up on stage at the end, and a crowd (that is a cross between a Wellington sevens, professional wrestling and British football crowd) chanting encouragement as the Barney Army.

Best entertainment on the television at the moment, and when the snooker came on later on I thought we'd been transported to a grave yard.

Zippity
01-01-2013, 10:56 AM
This round of the PDC World Championship of Darts sure has been compulsive viewing :)

Yesterday's altercation between Phil Taylor and Raymond van Barneveld was numbing.

Taylor has since apologised to van Barneveld - see here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/darts/20878471).

Didn't Sabs come over as a complete F*** wit on TVOne's news the night before when he made his stupid reference to the players being not too bad for "18 pint beer drinkers"?

That cheap throw-away line pis*ed me off no end.

Had a comment like that been attributed to an All Black or any other high profile NZ sportsman, there would have been one hell of a public outcry.

Twelvevolts
02-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Here we go - the best player in the world versus the form player in the world. Don't call in the next few hours - it's the sporting event of the year so far!!

Zippity
02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
A tough call either way, but I'd like to see Phil win - just so that I can see the raw emotion when he collects the Sid Waddell trophy :)

Digby
02-01-2013, 10:45 AM
I love watching the darts

One Hundred and Eighty!

But I don't think I can get it on my Freeview?

Hope they are using Puma darts and Puma dart boards from Katikati!

Cicero
02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I miss it too Dig, for the rich I am afraid.

Digby
02-01-2013, 11:23 AM
So Cic, how can you afford to go to Thailand ?

I just need 100 companies to sign up to my website, then I may be able to afford Sky.

Zippity
02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Taylor leads 6 - 4 :)

And my blood pressure in going up :(

Twelvevolts
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Phil Taylor - what a fantastic champion, so pleased he took it out.

Cicero
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
So Cic, how can you afford to go to Thailand ?

I just need 100 companies to sign up to my website, then I may be able to afford Sky.

Question of priorities Dig.

Sky rates low, except when I miss darts and snooker.

Cicero
02-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Phil Taylor - what a fantastic champion, so pleased he took it out.

In the mind in the end., like all sports.