PDA

View Full Version : How to get free hits to your webiste (true)

Digby
31-12-2012, 12:59 PM
We all know that it is hard getting hits to your website unless you are Planet Jasmine or a bank etc.

But I just got a whole lot of free hits to my new website.

Talk back was talking about NZ banks, so I phoned in and said that my website listed 5 NZ owned banks and with in 10 minutes I had heaps of hits and within half an hour I have had 182 hits of which 40 are unique!

kahawai chaser
01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
That's Cool Digby. Perhaps track returing visitors. What was the time on site? Anyway here's two articles to help with your websites goals for next year. Both from trusted "real" (i.e earn as a living) advanced Marketers/SEO's that I subscribe to.... 2013 SEO Game Plan (http://searchengineland.com/2013-seo-playbook-143224?utm_source=sel&utm_medium=scap&utm_campaign=email) and Keywords Research: Creating Competitive and Compelling Content. (http://searchengineland.com/the-keyword-researchers-guide-to-creating-competitive-compelling-content-139694?utm_source=sel&utm_medium=scap&utm_campaign=email)

Digby
01-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Time on site was
only 10 were less than 5 secs

17 were 30 seconds to 5 minutes
10 were 5 minutes to 20 minutes

I person signed up to my newsletter

Thanks for your help, I'll check out those two sites you mentioned.
I have not done much with SEO on this site yet, I must get on to it.

My site is now at the top for Google.com and Google.co.nz for my domain name.

And for one of the Bings.
And for Yahoo
And on mywebsearch it has about 5 of the top lsitings!

So now I need to work on other key words to pick up more searches.
This will be much harder of course.

the_bogan
01-01-2013, 02:33 PM
How about companies partly owned by NZ? Do you count those?

Digby
01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
How about companies partly owned by NZ? Do you count those?

I am refining the qualifications to appear on the website all the time as its new.
I may need to write them down

But to qualify it must contribute to New Zealand's export industry or compete with imports or overseas companies in some way.
So it would not matter if they were partly or fully overseas owned if they fit the above criteria, they would still be bringing in overseas funds and employing New Zealanders.

Do you have some candidates for me?
I have just released my High Tech page which is going to be quite impressive