PDA

View Full Version : Compatibilty Compatibilty Issues

Oranebeast
31-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I have a problem with my Presario CQ62 (you WILL hear about 3 more problems on this computer) When i launch a app the needs compatibilty mode (e.g. When aero is opaque rather than transparent) My computer will once you either enter, exit or are half way through doing what your doing will basiclly shutdown. i cant say much more because the monitor goes black but the backlight still shines (e.g. The monitor does not turn off, but displays plain black) I then have to hold the power button to turn it off):badpc:

Summary
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium P6100 @ 2.00GHz 68 C
Arrandale 32nm Technology
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1426 (CPU) 71 C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
LogMeIn Mirror Driver
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
Hard Drives
488GB Seagate ST9500325AS (SATA) 41 C
Optical Drives
hp DVDRAM GT30L
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

wainuitech
31-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Welcome to PF1.

1st thing - fix the overheating, that can cause a mountain of troubles.

2nd. Try running the Laptop in safe mode, the aero wont work, its not meant to, then open some programs that were playing up previously, see if the laptop plays up as before or the program opens.

Running in safe mode will disable many drivers. It could also be a graphic driver/hardware problem causing things to crash.

Oranebeast
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
I cant stop the overheating, but i bought some "Split-balls" that i put underneath the laptop from dick smith that increase the airflow. I havent had my laptop shutdown from overheating often now. but the heat is still the same, What do you would be causing this? Could it be that i use both core from my proccer? :help:

wainuitech
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Generally laptops overheat for one reason, inadequate cooling. This can be cause by blocked cooling ducts, failing Fan, or the cooling heat-sink not attached correctly to the CPU.

If you are overheating it will cause various problems sooner or later.

Leaving it with the attitude - she'll be right" wont do any good.

Did you try running the laptop in safe mode like suggested ?

Oranebeast
02-01-2013, 06:15 PM
I understand that aero wont work when launching an older app. But i'm pretty sure running safe mode won't do anything, I will try it but not yet as i've set my Theme to windows 7 basic (i'm sticking with win7) the theme that older programs change to. yet i think this is more of a Compatibilty issue as no sounds are haerd when the screen goes blank, I've posted my graphics details below if that would help. Another problem that i find most percuiliar, specific actions will result in my computer spontainously restarting (e.g enabling turbo mode in opera) I think it may help if PCWorld got on to this because, this is WAY out of my leauge. Want to chat further? add me on skype
[edited] :help:

Name Generic PnP Monitor on ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels
Work Resolution 1366x738 pixels
State enabled, primary
Monitor Width 1366
Monitor Height 768
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 60 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
LogMeIn Mirror Driver
Memory type 2
Driver version 7.1.542.0
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
Memory 512 MB
Memory type 2
Driver version 7.1.542.0

Oranebeast
02-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Just realized that the people that designed my computer are idiots... Parts of my fan vents are UNDER the laptop :badpc:

wainuitech
02-01-2013, 11:41 PM
The Aero will stop and change to basic if the graphics have a problem. If the graphics are having a problem, that can also cause the Laptop to crash.

Thats why I said try safe mode and see if the programs crash, it loads default drivers - if it doesn't crash in safe mode that can mean faulty drivers or faulty hardware (Graphics). If the PC crashes of course there wont be sound.

These may or may not be the problem, but you wont find out unless you try -- Sorry but no one here has a crystal ball to tell you exactly whats causing it..

FoxyMX
03-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Would a cooling tray similar to this (http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=NBABEL1223666) help?

Oranebeast
03-01-2013, 11:58 AM
No foxyMX ive got increased airflow now.. Im going to try safe mode like suggested

mzee
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM
The themes will not display as they should with the wrong, or corrupted driver. Have you tried updating it.

Oranebeast
06-01-2013, 11:30 AM
mzee I turned off aero themes myself.. i though that the problem was switching inbetween win7 basic and normal win7... I havent updated my amd for a while though