PDA

View Full Version : How to get some free games for PSP portable

Digby
28-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi Guys

My grandson has just been given a psp for christmas

it has no games on it so until we get to the shops can you recommend me a good place to go to download some simple games

we have have a look but it is a jungle out there lots of spam etc

The Error Guy
28-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm certainly no expert however in my memory you can't "download" games for the PSP, free or paid, one must buy them for atrocious prices. Of course you can modify the software on them to run pirated games if you want ;)

At least, that's the way it was for the old ones. Perhaps the new ones (Vita?) allow you to d/l content.

Alex B
28-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Is it only the Vita that you can use PS+? If so then you're out of luck, if not you could buy a 3 month sub to that and get the free games they offer this month.

Digby
28-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes, i think the psp only plays games from the mini disks that you insert.

I originally thought it had an internal memory that you could download to.

I did find some places where you could download iso files, but that is a bit too complex fro me, so I think its best if we buy some from a shop or TM.

Thanks

kahawai chaser
28-12-2012, 10:27 PM
I think you can download games (and movies, music, tv shows, etc) to a pc then transfer to psp, e.g. psp blender (http://www.pspblender.com/) and Amazon. May include trial games. Dunno how it works, i.e. may have to sign up and submit credit card details, and whether if applicable from NZ. But I think the PSPGo with Wifi can download from the play station network, and has flash memory storage for files.