PDA

View Full Version : Repairs

pctek
27-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Must be the week for it.
Cellphone lost it's screen this morning. Haven't got a screwdriver small enough so took it down the recommended place, $45 they say if they can use my spare parts, don't see why they can't, they think it's the cable.

Printer lost yellow yesterday. Had that fixed before, so annoyingly again....so I tried dismantling it. Couldn't locate one screw somewhere to the left, didn't matter, found the ink pad thing and cleaned it out with lots of iso and it fixed it.

Still, that's twice now, what's special about yellow?

Waiting for the third breakdown now.....things come in 3's?

QW.
27-12-2012, 11:35 AM
For $45 or less you can get a new cellphone nowadays.

The Error Guy
27-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Good stuff repairing, I don't bother with dumb phones. They are often more propriety and harder to get into than any smartphone, even the parts prices are more expensive. Good thing is that most of the parts are OEM, hard thing sourcing parts for phones is finding a reputable trader with good quality or OEM parts. No easy task!

dugimodo
28-12-2012, 07:09 AM
It was always magenta on my old printer, I had a theory that it was the longest tube to the print head and prone to having ink dry up in there. The ridiculous way it is now though it's cheaper to replace many printers than to buy the proper ink for them.
I threw my old multifunction inkjet away and bought a B&W laser, when the toner eventually runs out I might consider getting a colour one. But I don't print much and tecnology tends to improve in the time it takes me to use up a toner cartridge.

paulw
28-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Must be the week for it.

Waiting for the third breakdown now.....things come in 3's?

Car next??

pctek
28-12-2012, 02:10 PM
For $45 or less you can get a new cellphone nowadays.

Why would I want to throw away my perfectly OK phone and get some random, no idea what it's like phone when the fix is only $45?
$150 and I might, but that's silly. Throw away culture huh?

It was always magenta on my old printer, I had a theory that it was the longest tube to the print head and prone to having ink dry up in there. The ridiculous way it is now though it's cheaper to replace many printers than to buy the proper ink for them.

Hmmm, no....it's not drying up. I cleaned the pads, not the tubes. That fixed it.

But my printer does 1200 pages per cartridge and not a high cost for the cartridges. It's always what matters to me in a printer - laser or ink. I don't care, it's that cost I care about.

Yes a lot of cheap printers, laser or ink, do bugger all pages before needing new toner or ink, which is why I persist with this printer.

Car next??
That's what I thought of today, it's WOF is due on the 16th.:p

QW.
28-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Why would I want to throw away my perfectly OK phone and get some random, no idea what it's like phone when the fix is only $45?
$150 and I might, but that's silly. Throw away culture huh?

I was only making a comment that you can get a new phone for $45 or less. Not suggesting that you go a and buy cheap phone and not how to use it.

pctek
21-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Car next??
Yes.
WOF, passed it but hve to do rear brake pads by the next one.

And....oven lost the dual simmerstat. Fortunately I fixed that myself, saving $105.

WalOne
21-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Must be the week for it.
Cellphone lost it's screen this morning. Haven't got a screwdriver small enough so took it down the recommended place, $45 they say if they can use my spare parts, don't see why they can't, they think it's the cable.

PM to you :)

Gobe1
22-01-2013, 08:21 AM
PM to you :)

Prime minister to pctek??

gary67
22-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Is she taking over from President metla?