PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your battery chargers ?

Digby
27-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi Guys

I seem to be "collecting" quite a few battery chargers and adaptors.

Mobile phones, cordless phones, modems, scanners, cordless drills, cameras, tvs, battery charger, etc etc.

Do you have any system for keeping track of them?

Eg I sometimes put a sticky label on the charger unit and also wrap one round the cord next to the power plug.

Sometimes I write on them with a felt pen (not very clear)

What do you do ?

I now have a draw of chargers that I don't know what they are for....

What should I do with them

Keep them in case I need one
Sell them on Trademe
Give them to the city mission
Put them on a database
Chuck them away.

Zippity
27-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Use them as fishing weights :)

Nick G
27-12-2012, 08:58 AM
I put them in individual small ziplock bags, and stick a sicker on that.

beetle
27-12-2012, 09:03 AM
I keep my spare cords, chargers, etc in snaplock bags. Easy to store an label. My smaller extension cords an spare multiplugs are stored this way as well. I spose i dnt get rid of my spares.

pctek
27-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Husband and I have the same cellphones so chargers interchangeable.
He has a charger for his torch and there is the car charger for the Navman. Have a Nimh charger and that's it in total.

And redundant ones go in the bin, I hate clutter.

pcuser42
27-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Most of the chargers I've got are just mains to USB adapters, although I do have a couple for my old phone (which I can't find, but want as a spare).

CliveM
27-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I use one to power a spare case fan which blows air across my modem.

Digby
27-12-2012, 10:50 AM
I use one to power a spare case fan which blows air across my modem.

Good skills
You'll have to sell us what rating adaptor we need to do that.
(goes out and gets an old case)

Nomad
27-12-2012, 11:08 AM
I too hate clutter. I recyce them like Vic uni has a cellphone charity thingie, before was eDay.

What you could do is use a a tie with a label on it .. like the older fruit shops how they gave you stuff in a plastic bag ......

My cables are just in a box next to the TV, and we just dig it out, the chargers are plugged to the wall all the time so we just charge our phones that way (lounge floor) or thru a USB cable always plugged to my monitor. Digging cables out has never been an issue, it's repetitive. Laptop charger in dining room plugged to wall on carpet. But we don't get many stuff, for me it's a PC, a laptop, no tablet, yes phone and that's it. No tablet ever since I have a laptop and if I have one it suits the job there is no point in getting a newer one which really just does the same "job".

Paul.Cov
27-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Hmm, you've given me an idea.

The plastic tags that close bread bags would nicely slip over a chargers cord, and stay in place. Just need a felt pen to mark the tag as per which device it goes with.

Bobh
27-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I use miniature luggage labels.

Most second hand shops have a box of redundant chargers that are sold off cheap. One way to recycle them.

gary67
27-12-2012, 07:21 PM
When something dies the charger goes with it to the recyclers, unless it fits the new model

Digby
27-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Some great hints here guys.

Agent_24
27-12-2012, 09:02 PM
I have a box full of them, use them for electronic projects.

QW.
27-12-2012, 09:21 PM
I throw them away.

pcuser42
27-12-2012, 10:00 PM
These bread tie stories reminded me of my charger setup :p I've got microUSB and miniUSB cables plugged directly into the powerboard, plus a USB extension cord plugged into my phone charger and a Nokia mini charger. All held up by bulldog clips. :D

Cicero
28-12-2012, 05:30 AM
I also have lots of ear buds from cell phones to add to the ones your referred to.