PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lunch/dinner

Nick G
25-12-2012, 01:22 PM
To add to all the other Christmas threads, this. What's on your menu for Christmas?
I'll say mine after I finish eating it, just about to start :D

SP8's
25-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Leftovers for me ... we had our Christmas dinner last night ... three of the family working today helping out some who are not as fortunate as ourselves.

I'm having a couple of SP8's with turkey sammies and trifle ... relaxing in sun and 28 Deg C on the deck ...

/BQ'd Venison back steaks on the go around sunset ...

No wife ... No kids ... HEAVEN ... :D

The Error Guy
25-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Solid leg of lamb with ye olde roast. Some legend got me tonnes of mustard as a present. Wolfing it down and it feels great. The missus is headed over from the wairarapa to meet for more goodies, off to neighbours and friends to waste away the day, 28.5 now, pulling towards 30 degs I think :D

KarameaDave
25-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Warm as here, going overcast now.
First tomato of the season between two bits of toast, yum.

pctek
25-12-2012, 04:04 PM
As ours was Saturday at the beach:

Homemade pate and crispy bread things
Cold BBQed chicken
Cherries
Garden strawberries

Same thing for dinner really with garden salad and chocolates

Today, is guess what...garden salad.....gardens got crazy, too much of everything now as usual, supplied son yesterday too.

QW.
25-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Went to Valentines. No slaving over a hot stove and no dishes to do!

Nick G
25-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Turkey, lamb, stuffing, carrots, peas, potatoes, devils on horseback, tomatoes and red onion and pepper with balsamic vinegar roasted in oven.

For dessert - trifle, ambrosia, raspberry cheesecake, pavlova roll, Christmas pudding and custard.

WalOne
25-12-2012, 05:12 PM
:crying Nothing, except a sandwich on the run.

Then several hours helping out at the Auckland City Mission. Ever wondered what 2,500 dinner settings look like? It is not a pretty sight :eek:

However, my dinner will be tomorrow instead. Only problem, I'm also the cook ...

:lol:

Nomad
25-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Breakie - some raisen bread I made before, others had cereals, yoghurt. Lunch some pasta with.. . Dinner might be a duck bought and some other stuff. We tried to eat out this year but many asian places (due to folks palette), they didn't advertise set meals due to that they said the customers generally didn't order them but went with their normal priced menu. Had the ham last half week ago, :lol: Have scorched almonds thou :D It's BBQ weather thou, may have that later in week. Maybe Christmas Dinner is suited to mid year here and how some people have the winters christman dinners here......

pctek
25-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Then several hours helping out at the Auckland City Mission. Ever wondered what 2,500 dinner settings look like? It is not a pretty sight :eek:

:lol:

Hey did you? Good for you.
How do they know all the participants are genuinely needy though?

WalOne
25-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Hey did you? Good for you.
How do they know all the participants are genuinely needy though?

Thanks pctek.

The answer is, we don't. It's not designed to cater strictly to the needy and obviously can't institute - or police - or indeed want to, a means test. In the overall concept, it's about fellowship and friendship.

I understand the Mission in previous years has received a few four figures donation cheques from anonymous - and grateful - participants. So while those folks not may have been needy in terms of being unable to afford it, they were very generous in the event.

BTW I'll change my changing signature tonight, so if you or anyone else wishes to contribute to the City Mission, just click on "CLICK HERE (http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/Walt/)" ... last chance to help make a difference, folks!

:)

pctek
26-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah......like the Sallies request for food/gifts.
I took some things in just before Xmas, there was one other woman bringing a bag in, the entire rest of the crowd was there to pick up.
Some looked needy, but there were also some pretty flash cars there, made mine look like wreckers material in comparison.

Kind of sad, should be left to those who really do need it.