PDA

View Full Version : Drug dealer had $800k incash in his car!

Digby
25-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Just read an article on the Herald.

About a drug dealer gone to jail.

"During his Auckland trial it was revealed Beckham was the kingpin of a methamphetamine syndicate. Detectives found $865,720 hidden in a vehicle at his home when Beckham was arrested in 2008. Beckham's assets and cash worth more than $10 million have been restrained. He was arrested after a six-month inquiry during which police tapped his cellphone and bugged his car."

Imagine having that much cash in your car.

I would have hidden it in much better places.

Frank_sumbody
25-12-2012, 09:19 AM
I would have hidden it in much better places.

I would not of got into drugs, Been the wholesome type I am.

Trev
25-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Also they appealed his 13 and a half years sentence and a non parole period of 7 years which was dismissed by the judge and got a revised sentence of 18 years and 9 years non parole. Maximum sentence for this offence is life.
:)

Digby
25-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Seeing as how he is 65 now and inside fro at least 9 years, that means he will be 74 when he comes out.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10855988

I'd say that is a pretty good sentence.

As long as he has not got any more stashed away.
Still at 74, its getting a bit old to be enjoying that sort sort of cash.

Its a shame guys like that cant think of honest "wholesome" ways of making a living.
Like working in a rest home....

Terry Porritt
25-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Seeing as how he is 65 now and inside fro at least 9 years, that means he will be 74 when he comes out...............

Still at 74, its getting a bit old to be enjoying that sort sort of cash..............

You reckon?

Maybe you're right, just the thought of what I could do with all that money makes me tired :sleep

prefect
25-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Dumb as dirt.

pctek
25-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Imagine having that much cash in your car.

Imagine if it got stolen.
Imagine the thieves delight.

martynz
25-12-2012, 12:35 PM
"hidden in a vehicle at his home".
That could mean parked on the street or in a secure garage.
World of difference.
I wonder which it was.

SP8's
25-12-2012, 01:24 PM
"hidden in a vehicle at his home". I wonder which it was.

It was in a barn ... hidden in a red sack attached to a sleigh with 6 Reindeer ready to go ... now you may well not believe this ... but it's true ... just ask Rudolf ... AND it was to feed all the hungry children who didn't have any wheatbix for breakfast because Mum n Dad had spent all the money they got from Paula Bennett on little snow flakes ...

Now isn't THAT a nice little story for Christmas ... don't forget to pass it on to your kids ...

I must be feeling the joyous mood of Christmas ... I'd normally say the guy needs a third eye or a shank in the guts at exercise time ...

Such a wonderful time of year ...

Merry Christamas everyone ... :D

Digby
25-12-2012, 10:56 PM
It reminds me of a picture I saw a few years ago of the stash of cash the cops found in a Mexican drugs dealers house.

It was all nicely stacked and it was a huge pile.