PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy S i9001 software rest problem

Melad_Iraq
24-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Dears ,

I have a problem with Galaxy S i9001 , i dropped it on ground suddenly and after that every around one hour all the software rest ( removing the apps , contacts , messages , and start like the first time when i turned it on when i bought it " chose the language .... ETC " ,

i took it to the maintenance center and they told me there is an IC become fault and we can't change this IC , you have to change all the board !!! ,

Could anyone help me ?

Thanks .

Melad_Iraq
24-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Sorry , the exact phone model is ( GT-I9003 )

The Error Guy
24-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking they could be correct since physical damage is unlikely to cause a software problem like that. You could however try installing custom software on it to replace the stock ROM, follow the instructions in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGzzJrJaBxE

It could help you issue but if it doesn't, sadly your maintenance centre is right and it is a hardware problem. Although it's unlikely to be software I also find it unlikely to be hardware causing the described problem.

Anyway, let us know how you get on.

Trev
24-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Next post with a link where to buy a Galaxy from.
:)

The Error Guy
24-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Cousin Banksin is standing by with the devices, please deposits moneies into account Te aira guy 02-53553-34634634-03 Thanking you! We ship plenty fast :D

Although, to be honest I'd have thought that if they were asking for help regarding a new phone (iPhone 5, S3, Nexus etc) but this is an older devices and the problem seems relatively legit.... we'll wait and see :)