PDA

View Full Version : I need a tablet

lostsoul62
24-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm going to take a flight to another state and I don't want to drag a laptop around so I need to buy a tablet. I want it for email. Google map, browsing the web because I'm looking for a house to buy so I need to look up realtors. I don't need apps. To use a tablet anywhere don't you have to pay your IPS provider? Otherwise go to a coffee house and hook up to their Wi-Fi for free? I sure don't want a windows 8 tablet and I don't want to spend over $300 so does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking at a 7 inch tablet. I'm thinking about "Asus Google Nexus 7 Jelly Bean 4.1, 32GB, Wifi" for $250?

Chilling_Silence
24-12-2012, 07:17 PM
If you don't wanna spend over $300 you're basically limited to a chinese no-name brand, or the Nexus 7.

I know, without a doubt, which one I'd pick (Or should say, have picked).

Also that $250 is USD. You can import them, the 16GB landed will set you back approx NZD$280 depending on courier forwarding etc.

John H
24-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Judging by the language Chill, I think this person is from America. For example, 'realtor', and 'flying to another state', so they won't be importing.

Chilling_Silence
25-12-2012, 01:03 AM
The world doesn't exist outside of New Zealand ;)

dugimodo
25-12-2012, 09:27 PM
The nexus 7 is probably the best option but I don't believe it has a mobile sim card option so you're limited to wi-fi or using a smart phone with wi-fi tethering.
I understand wi-fi is a lot more widely available in the US so maybe that's not an issue? here in NZ there really isn't that much free wi-fi to be had.

Chilling_Silence
25-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah it does, there's a 3G version :)