PDA

View Full Version : 2degree data plan, is 50M enough

20-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi there. Being cheap & not wanting to spend much on 3G data plans Im looking at the 2dgrees data plans
$6 month = 50M data .
http://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/paymonthly/plans/value-packs/national-data

Is 50M enough, just for very occasional 3G use, eg if I need to google an address, or check trademe/email once or twice a week if Im not at home & cant wait. My cellphone useage for calls is really minimal , a $20 prepaid lasts me months (old ph wouldnt do 2g/3g/data)
ie will 50M be enough for infrequent use, or is 50M really just a joke.

I know its a 'how long is a piece of string' question but want to get some idea of the minimum I can get away with.
Cheers

pcuser42
20-12-2012, 12:03 PM
The only way to find out is to try it and see.

psycik
20-12-2012, 01:53 PM
You didn't say what type of phone you had. That might help, some are on the internet quite a bit in the the background.

But I'd say 50mb is a joke. Is tha the $19 Talk combo from 2degrees? I find the text one better value, give you some talk time, unlimited text (yawn who cares) but have about 500mb data.

gary67
20-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm on the 19 dollar one and find 500 allows me to check my emails each lunchtime and read stuff and PF1 as well as use Nokia maps on ocasion as well and so far i haven't even got close to using my 500mb

Strommer
20-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Is 50M enough, just for very occasional 3G use, eg if I need to google an address, or check trademe/email once or twice a week if Im not at home & cant wait.

Yes, 50 Mb for your use will be OK.

As long as you don't frequent websites with lots of graphics, or YouTube, it will be adequate. I was online a couple of days when away from home, doing email, reading heaps on Reddit, looking at weather forecasts, and more. Total was just over 30 Mb, but I was doing lots. 2degrees also. BTW I believe their prepay plans can be stopped at any time. Currently they have some great deals such as $19 that includes 500 Mb + a text/talk package.

Chilling_Silence
20-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Provided you explicitly turn off the 3G data when youre not using it, then sure.