PDA

View Full Version : PC not resuming/sleep

darthcarnate
19-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Having an issue with my recent build in that if left for a while, the screen indicates it is going to sleep, and no amount of mouse wiggling or key-presses will bring it back.

Been through the power settings and disabled PC sleeping, USB selective suspend, and Link State Power Management, to no avail. Each time I have to hold down the switch till the PC shuts off, and start it up again.

Screen is a Dell SX2210, mouse and keyboard are Bluetooth Logitech MX Revolution. Have plugged in a borrowed wired Logitech mouse to see if that works, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's a screen issue, as my keyboard screen doesn't show disconnected and my phone continues charging while this happens, so presumably the USB ports are still on.

dugimodo
19-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Check the suspend settings in the bios, sometimes changing the suspend method works. For example changing from S3 (suspend to RAM) to S1 might help. Also check for updated bios or drivers for your motherboard and graphics

wainuitech
19-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Have you got the latest graphic Drivers installed ?

Sometimes if a PC won't come out of sleep/ hibernation the graphic drivers are the cause.

darthcarnate
20-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Graphics drivers are fully up to date, check on ATI website.

Plugged in a wired USB mouse, and left it on overnight. Jiggling that the next morning woke it up without any issues...

CliveM
21-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Check in device manager that "enable this device to wakeup" is ticked. (or similar wording) when you have the other mouse connected.