PDA

View Full Version : Win7 - wallpaper weather gadget - no data available.

Nomad
18-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi, it has been working till a few days ago. Today I checked my region under Control Panel and right click the gadget - options and double check the region. To me it appears Wellington, Christchurch, Palmerson North does not work. Only Auckland works. When I click the gadget and my internet browser opens up that also says data not available for my city. Can someone confirm this? I guess unless MS fixes this up soon, NZ might just have AKL (for the weather)?

Trev
18-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Mine is working for Napier, although earlier on today it wasn't working.
:)

Nomad
18-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Napier doesn't work for me either ... as of 8.15PM.

Trev
18-12-2012, 08:56 PM
If you click on Wellington in the gadget it will take you to the MSN weather page for Wellington. When I do it for Napier it says temperature N/A. Not too worried about it. It will come right sometime.

Nomad
19-12-2012, 09:49 AM
It's working again :D

Trev
19-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Mine is still wrong saying it is 23C but it is actually 29.8 outside.

mzee
22-12-2012, 12:10 AM
I tried to install the weather gadget on my new laptop, but Microsoft no longer support it for W7. Fat chance of me installing W8 to get a weather gadget!

Trev
22-12-2012, 07:43 AM
You install it from your W7 disk.

Desktop gadgets

Because we want to focus on the exciting possibilities of the newest version of Windows, the Windows website no longer hosts the gadget gallery.

Gadgets installed from untrusted sources can harm your computer and can access your computer's files, show you objectionable content, or change their behaviour at any time. If you are concerned about the safety of gadgets you’ve downloaded in the past, you can learn more about gadgets and steps you can take to protect your PC.

Some info for developers:

You can now use your HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript skills to build modern apps for Windows 8. To get started developing modern apps, go to Windows Dev Center.

Nick G
22-12-2012, 08:14 AM
I tried to install the weather gadget on my new laptop, but Microsoft no longer support it for W7. Fat chance of me installing W8 to get a weather gadget! I seem to remember they dropped it in windows 7 because of security concerns.

Trev
22-12-2012, 08:54 AM
You just install them from the desk top gadget icon in Control Panel.