PDA

View Full Version : Prefect converts to Communism…

B.M.
18-12-2012, 12:16 PM
...after reading THIS (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/8093607/Government-announces-petrol-tax-hikes). :eek:

paulw
18-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Greedy pack of pricks. The cost of living here only seems to go up and the wages stay the same or go down. I guess the number heading for Ozz will increase even more..

KarameaDave
18-12-2012, 12:55 PM
'Grunter' Brownlee strikes again! :(

bk T
18-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Get ready, pack up and go!

ruup
18-12-2012, 02:00 PM
"Less Debt, More Jobs" the National parties latest slogan - Yeah Right, a great way to help those on low incomes,watch the cost of food accelerate upwards.

18-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Well whats a better plan then ??

quoteth
"Each 1 cent added to the pump price of petrol adds around $15 to the annual running cost for the average motorist. "
so it will cost another $150 PER YEAR , big deal.

NZ is basically running at a huge loss.
Either we get more tax revenue or the country will eventually go bankrupt
or we just realise we cant afford a 1st world Welfare state , & go to the 3rd world no welfare state. We are headed that way.
:thumbs:

ruup
18-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Stop paying the bastards such high salaries, bring the price of Governance DOWN, stop paying $ 1,000,000 salaries and the $500,000 bonus's, cut the costs of living for the great unwashed and let them save for their futures,put up the retirement age,a capital gains tax,a transactions tax,Cut Brownlee's calorie intake as well as his oxygen intake.

Stop clobbering the working man, those on the higher income will not feel a thing, but those who make this country will ... Time for a fair go...

Agent_24
18-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Stop paying the bastards such high salaries, bring the price of Governance DOWN, stop paying $ 1,000,000 salaries and the $500,000 bonus's

This. Nobody actually needs that much.

prefect
18-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I get free petrol anyway so I dont have a problem with the increase. Got to pay for the roads some how. You can bet the commie labor party if they get in power will not axe it anyway

Iantech
18-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I get free petrol anyway so I dont have a problem with the increase. Got to pay for the roads some how. So Im guessing as you get free petrol you dont pay for the roads.... once again my taxes are forking out for some other bugger to have a free ride.

And just to make everyones Christmas, MPs are looking like they are in for a payrise http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/8095705/Payrise-likely-for-MPs

prefect
18-12-2012, 07:15 PM
So Im guessing as you get free petrol you dont pay for the roads.... once again my taxes are forking out for some other bugger to have a free ride.

And just to make everyones Christmas, MPs are looking like they are in for a payrise http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/8095705/Payrise-likely-for-MPs

Its tax deductible

decibel
19-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Its tax deductible

That doesn't make it free -

mikebartnz
19-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Well whats a better plan then ??

quoteth
"Each 1 cent added to the pump price of petrol adds around $15 to the annual running cost for the average motorist. "
so it will cost another $150 PER YEAR , big deal.

NZ is basically running at a huge loss.
Either we get more tax revenue or the country will eventually go bankrupt
or we just realise we cant afford a 1st world Welfare state , & go to the 3rd world no welfare state. We are headed that way.
:thumbs:
Like the States we are already well and truely in the sh!t and will never get out of it especially with the current crop that couldn't organise a pissup in a pub.

mikebartnz
19-12-2012, 11:41 PM
I get free petrol anyway so I dont have a problem with the increase. Got to pay for the roads some how. You can bet the commie labor party if they get in power will not axe it anyway
You are a real rocket scientist.:groan:

paulw
20-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Like the States we are already well and truely in the sh!t and will never get out of it especially with the current crop that couldn't organise a pissup in a pub.

And the Republicans would have??

prefect
20-12-2012, 03:47 PM
You are a real rocket scientist.:groan:
Nope I am just a dumb as dirt aircraft/truck mechanic.

paulw
20-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Nope I am just a dumb as dirt aircraft/truck mechanic.

Aircraft mechanics aren't usually too dumb..

Whenu
20-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Don't panic mechanic, your friendly fitter is here

KenESmith
23-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Greedy pack of pricks. The cost of living here only seems to go up and the wages stay the same or go down. I guess the number heading for Ozz will increase even more..

I would hang off moving to Australia until the disgustingly dishonest and incompetent Gillard Labour Government is seen off.

It is easy to bring a strong economy down - just vote in a Labour Government dominated by Trade Unions.

gary67
23-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I would hang off moving to Australia until the disgustingly dishonest and incompetent Gillard Labour Government is seen off.

It is easy to bring a strong economy down - just vote in a Labour Government dominated by Trade Unions.

Or a National one lead by John Key and with idiots like Bill English and Paula Bennett alongside

prefect
23-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Don't panic mechanic, your friendly fitter is here
Were you ex airforce?

Richard
23-12-2012, 04:45 PM
God forbid we ever have a Sheep Shearer/Wussel Norman government. That would be a full complement of idiots.

prefect
23-12-2012, 04:54 PM
God forbid we ever have a Sheep Shearer/Wussel Norman government. That would be a full complement of idiots.
I think its a good possibility there will be a coalition commie govt in next elections.
Its because they pretty well bus the benes to the polling booths in South Auckland and Porirua

Digby
23-12-2012, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=ruup;1137217]Stop paying the bastards such high salaries, bring the price of Governance DOWN, stop paying $ 1,000,000 salaries and the $500,000 bonus's, cut the costs of living for the great unwashed and let them save for their futures,put up the retirement age,a capital gains tax,a transactions tax,Cut Brownlee's calorie intake as well as his oxygen intake.

Stop clobbering the working man, those on the higher income will not feel a thing, but those who make this country will ... Time for a fair go...[/QUOTE

Rump, I tend to agree with some of what you say.
But the trick is how do we achieve it?

New Zealanders are not very good at affecting change.

KenESmith
23-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Or a National one lead by John Key and with idiots like Bill English and Paula Bennett alongside

I am 72, and I from memory the last time the NZ economy was strong Sid Holland was the Prime Minister, since then it has all been downhill, staggering between mediocre and dreadful. When Shand was Minister of Labour he used to boast that unemployment was so low he knew the names of all the unemployed.

The farmers still carry the country, and the rest of the place leaches off farming.

The Error Guy
23-12-2012, 05:57 PM
It makes a cents

:devil coudn't resist

Anyway, I think the price hike is a bugger but it kinda needs to be done unfortunately and I CAN see the need for that. Despite this I think there are some areas we could cut back on expenditure and improve the efficiency of our fleet however I think that rather than spend money on improving our efficiency we should spend it on investigating alternative fuels/energy. Fuel will only go up and eventually it will run out.

Whenu
31-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Were you ex airforce?

Still am ex-Air Force

Gobe1
31-12-2012, 02:43 PM
It makes a cents

:devil coudn't resist

Anyway, I think the price hike is a bugger but it kinda needs to be done unfortunately and I CAN see the need for that. Despite this I think there are some areas we could cut back on expenditure and improve the efficiency of our fleet however I think that rather than spend money on improving our efficiency we should spend it on investigating alternative fuels/energy. Fuel will only go up and eventually it will run out.

I disagree, they should toll roads like a proper user pays system

prefect
31-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Still am ex-Air Force
lol

gary67
01-01-2013, 08:57 AM
They should put not allow parking around schools make an exclusion zone of 2km, put tolls on all roads leading out of Auckland (keep the loonies in) and charge all cars with only one occupant (unless it's a single seater)

prefect
01-01-2013, 09:28 AM
They should put not allow parking around schools make an exclusion zone of 2km, put tolls on all roads leading out of Auckland (keep the loonies in) and charge all cars with only one occupant (unless it's a single seater)
That sounds like a really workable idea Englander.

gary67
01-01-2013, 02:22 PM
It would work no probs, why do kids need driving to school! I wasn't and neither are my brothers kids.

paulw
01-01-2013, 06:55 PM

Do it first in Wellington and I may be in favor of it.. Let the capital lead by example. After all it's populated by well paid public servants, politicians and corp head offices..