PDA

View Full Version : Internet inconsistencies.

presso
14-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Over the past week I have been having problems with connecting to sites (any sites) and I am wondering if anybody has come across this before. Say i was wanting to view PressF1 i click on my book mark and it showing trying to connect but after say 12 or so secs it times out and I get the site unavailable page. However if I just push the refresh button bang it connects to it and reads it no problems. I find I have this problem be it a nz or international site.

I am running windows 7 which is up to date. and browser of choice is firefox however it does not matter what browser it is.

It does it on any device be it my pc or tv (has its own built in wireless). Reseting the wireless router does not do anything and I am wondering if it may be a telecom issue as I use Xtra.

Its also random on when it will not connect to the site, If i say dont view PressF1 for an hour and go and look at it I get the unavailable page but if I try and re look at it 10 mins after first looking at it then it comes up fine. (Does this for all sites).

Any ideas anybody ?? Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

CliveM
15-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Try using open DNS servers. Http//use.opendns.com/

pctek
15-12-2012, 07:33 AM
I had this when I first hooked up with Telecom here.
Had to do various tracerts and so on for them for a while and then they did something and fixed it.

Chilling_Silence
15-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah likely a DNS or Router issue.

Start with OpenDNS / Google DNS and go from there :-)

Another way to rule out it being your PC is to see if it affects anybody else. By this I mean get a friend or family member to try on another laptop on your WiFi or something :-)

presso
19-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I jumped on over to OpenDNS on the router and have not had a problem since