PDA

View Full Version : Asus Google Nexus 7 32GB

B.M.
14-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Iíve been offered an Asus Google Nexus 7 32GB for $A300. Now I know zip about these things so what I want to know first of all is do they work off a ďT StickĒ? I want to be able to use it whilst travelling in a car.

If it does that, will it run say Office of some sort?

If the answer to those is in the affirmative then Iíll take a more intelligent interest. :)

:thanks

nmercer
14-12-2012, 05:12 PM
no you can't plug a tstick into these

you'll either need to get the 3g model, or WiFi Tether that one to your cell phone if your phone supports it

Chilling_Silence
14-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah it'll run an office equivalent, not one officially from Microsoft.

You can still use it whilst travelling in the car, but as mentioned, you either need a phone that you can tether with (Which in a lot of cases is cheaper / ideal), or the 3G model.

$300 Aussie is an alright price for the 32GB model, but you can still get them for USD$249 which *is* quite a bit cheaper. Heck you can get the Cellular version for USD$299 even!

Edit: It's worth mentioning that even at AUD$300 for the 32GB model, it's still *fantastic* value for money and an absolutely brilliant tablet! One which has even had "paid by Apple" fanboys converted: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_7#Critical_reaction

B.M.
14-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks Chill, thatís fine Iíll stick with my notebook. :thumbs: