PDA

View Full Version : HP Pavilion Entertainment PC.

mzee
13-12-2012, 08:26 PM
My daughter has an old HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (net-book) running XP Pro.
When switched on, the fan runs, the CD drive spins if there is a disc in it. There is nothing on the screen, and no sound of Bios working. I removed the hard drive, but there was no change. Refitted the hard drive and replaced the memory, no change. Had a look for loose or broken wires, nothing. Battery is fully charged. Before I scrap it, has anyone any suggestions?

wainuitech
13-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Had 2 of those Entertainment Laptops in the last few months, one was a DV6 series, the other a DV7,both had failed motherboards, they overheat. One guy didn't believe me, so sent it to HP repair agents, and they charged him to say the same thing.

Have you tried connecting a standard monitor to it to see if its any different ?

mzee
15-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Tried another monitor, then took out the memory and Hard drive, then put it in the bin :-) I will get her another for Xmas!

The Error Guy
16-12-2012, 08:24 AM
My missus had one, apart from falling apart 2x it was a POS unfortunately. I don't like netbooks in general. Far too small and fiddly for me, I prefer the trend with ultrabooks.

catspyjamas
16-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Had 2 of those Entertainment Laptops in the last few months, one was a DV6 series, the other a DV7,both had failed motherboards, they overheat. One guy didn't believe me, so sent it to HP repair agents, and they charged him to say the same thing.

Damn. Not music to my ears - I recently bought a dv6-7031TX. Is this an issue with newer ones too, do you know? I think the model I bought appeared on the market in June 2012.

The Error Guy
16-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Damn. Not music to my ears - I recently bought a dv6-7031TX. Is this an issue with newer ones too, do you know? I think the model I bought appeared on the market in June 2012.

You should be fine, my Dv7 (2011 model, 6015tx) has run sweet ever since and I give it lots.

Alex B
16-12-2012, 06:00 PM
They are not fantastic, but you have an intel one which tend to be much more reliable than the amd ones.