PDA

View Full Version : Outlook express 6

Mervyn
13-12-2012, 06:54 PM
In the last 6 months my email client has dropped all emails from my in box twice. I run Windows XP with Outlook Express 6. On the first occasion we were with telecom and we could retrieve from their server. In the meantime we have changed to Vodafone and they didn't tell us to tick the right boxes to retain them on their server so we have lost them. Both companies say not their fault must be my computer programme. Anything I should check to prevent a recurrence. Pretty sure all updates have been loaded.

Agent_24
13-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Is your drive using FAT32 filesystem? If it is you may well be hitting the 4GB file limit for your inbox.dbx file, causing corruption.

CYaBro
13-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Is your drive using FAT32 filesystem? If it is you may well be hitting the 4GB file limit for your inbox.dbx file, causing corruption.

The file size limit for OE dbx files is only 2GB.
But yes it sounds like that's what the issue is.

Agent_24
13-12-2012, 07:49 PM
The file size limit for OE dbx files is only 2GB.
But yes it sounds like that's what the issue is.

Whoops. I knew there was some kind problem with a size limit, thought for sure it was a FAT32 issue because last I saw this sort of thing it was on Windows 98

Mervyn
13-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks for advice. Not sure if that is the problem but will certainly keep to minimum in future. I had reduced in box to 53 emails, sent box certainly had more but no graphic attachments to speak of just words.

Agent_24
13-12-2012, 08:36 PM
If you still have the problem with only 53 emails I guess it might be something else