PDA

View Full Version : Foxconn

pctek
10-12-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/8059583/Brain-damaged-worker-loses-Foxconn-ruling

plod
10-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I love how apple is the only company mentioned. I suppose you have too get headlines some how

The Error Guy
10-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Because in the context of the phrase they are stating they are Apple's largest contract manufacturer.

plod
10-12-2012, 06:35 PM
But is apple foxconns largest customer

icow
10-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I think it's generally accepted that Stuff does that because it stirs up more **** in the comments section than any other brand.

mikebartnz
10-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Well I see Apple are bringing some of their manufacturing back to the States. May be if they hadn't exported so much of their manufacturing over seas they and the States wouldn't be in the trouble they are in now. I do realise that Apple isn't the only one but they definitely are one of the larger players.

The Error Guy
10-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I would have thought they are, you can't really read the manufacturers tags on MOLEX connectors these days but every connector on all devices prior to the Nano 3RD gen use Foxconn parts. On 2nd thoughts, every MOLEX I ever met has probably been made by Foxconn.

Stuff are terrible for bad tech journalism. Slamming Sumsung here, promote Apple there. You'd think the only tech companies out there were those two. Meanwhile the Nexus 4 has been sold out for a month and no one has even blinked.

11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I cant see what the story is here??

A man gets badly injured at work, then struggles to get compensation.
Sounds like NZ & ACC ??
Sounds just like most countries in Asia & elsewhere.

If Apple wasnt slightly involved, would anyone care ??

mikebartnz
11-12-2012, 11:55 AM
I cant see what the story is here??

A man gets badly injured at work, then struggles to get compensation.
Sounds like NZ & ACC ??
Sounds just like most countries in Asia & elsewhere.

If Apple wasnt slightly involved, would anyone care ??
I would like to hear more about how he got injured. Sounds like he got electrocuted. If so how did that happen.

Zara Baxter
11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I would have thought they are, you can't really read the manufacturers tags on MOLEX connectors these days but every connector on all devices prior to the Nano 3RD gen use Foxconn parts. On 2nd thoughts, every MOLEX I ever met has probably been made by Foxconn.

Stuff are terrible for bad tech journalism. Slamming Sumsung here, promote Apple there. You'd think the only tech companies out there were those two. Meanwhile the Nexus 4 has been sold out for a month and no one has even blinked.

To be fair, the Nexus 4 was only officially announced/released in NZ last Thursday. We wrote about it straight away, and Stuff usually grabs our articles ASAP.

FWIW, I hear Foxconn may be opening a plant in the US, which may also be why Apple is considering it there.