PDA

View Full Version : A iMate raisees a iQuestion over a file on a iApple

Frank_sumbody
10-12-2012, 07:18 AM
I have a ifriend who recorded a TV program on his iapple icomputer I asked if he could put the program on a USB memory so I could run it on my windows 7, “he said it will not work because he has a icomputer and I dont,” I am thinking “get out of the igroove imate some files like movie files can run on any operating system if the operating system engineers have done their bit to market their operating system, and the movie file format is not “copy right” to stop it been used by unwanted users.”

Nick G
10-12-2012, 08:28 AM
I would assume you could at least download a program that would run the file.

Paul Ramon
10-12-2012, 08:51 AM
It's probably more to do with the usual apple user ihaventacluehow syndrome.;)

autechre
10-12-2012, 09:03 AM
It should work fine on a PC unless there's some DRM on the file.

You might need to download a codec to play it though - depending on your media player.

tmrafi
10-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Apple will record in MP4 container. Windows Vista Home Premium and above versions play MP4 natively. Worst case scenario, you will have to install LAVFilters (http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/). Never install a codec if you will only be watching videos, it is only for encoding. All you need is Directshow filters and LAVFilters is open source and crapware free.

icow
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
It would probably help if you posted some actual information about the file. Unless you don't want the problem solved...

plod
10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
It would probably help if you posted some actual information about the file. Unless you don't want the problem solved... Post was purely about complaining. Not about help

icow
10-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Wrong forum then.

Speedy Gonzales
10-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Or on the wrong planet :p

pctek
10-12-2012, 04:58 PM
I have a ifriend who recorded a TV program on his iapple icomputer I asked if he could put the program on a USB memory so I could run it on my windows 7, “he said it will not work because he has a icomputer and I dont,” I am thinking “get out of the igroove imate some files like movie files can run on any operating system ”

LOL, very good.

wainuitech
10-12-2012, 05:47 PM
It's probably more to do with the usual apple user ihaventacluehow syndrome.;) LOL:thumbs:

The Error Guy
10-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh, does this mean the websites I have done recently can't be viewed in iSafari? s***!

pcuser42
10-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Oh, does this mean the websites I have done recently can't be viewed in iSafari? s***! Say what you want, but testing and fixing in Safari is a lot easier than in IE ;)

GameJunkie
10-12-2012, 09:08 PM
iConfused

Frank_sumbody
10-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Thank you everyone for your help, just I suspected, The ijoker is so itwisted he is just saying ianything to imake out his ioperating system is iclass above and iuntouchable with anything else.

Just shows you what computer operating systems do to people.

plod
10-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Thank you everyone for your help, just I suspected, The ijoker is so itwisted he is just saying ianything to imake out his ioperating system is iclass above and iuntouchable with anything else.

Just shows you what computer operating systems do to people.still waiting for your question, so I as Iuser could give you an ianswer

Renmoo
10-12-2012, 11:18 PM
iConfused
iDunno what's going on.

Frank_sumbody
10-12-2012, 11:31 PM
OK maybe the question got buried in the start posting, the question was "does apple have any special movie type file format that can not be read and played by any other operating systems"

I am sorry if you might have a operating system that might not be the same as mine, I think if you want that system go for it, I dont think any lessor of you because you choose your one, who am I to dictate what system you use? This joker every times he talks about Microsoft he says how confusing it is to use, (how come then million of people all over the world can handle it) and in all honesty if he took down some of the negative barriers he has, he might just realize it is easy to get a grip with, even if you still do not like to have it.

Slankydudl
11-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Lol im seeing an inherint distaste towards people with macs.

Frank_sumbody
11-12-2012, 06:10 AM
no no no no no no, but if you think macs are the only thing that works how about I say iNo iNo iNo iNo iNo iNo

plod
11-12-2012, 06:27 AM
OK maybe the question got buried in the start posting, the question was "does apple have any special movie type file format that can not be read and played by any other operating systems"

I am sorry if you might have a operating system that might not be the same as mine, I think if you want that system go for it, I dont think any lessor of you because you choose your one, who am I to dictate what system you use? This joker every times he talks about Microsoft he says how confusing it is to use, (how come then million of people all over the world can handle it) and in all honesty if he took down some of the negative barriers he has, he might just realize it is easy to get a grip with, even if you still do not like to have it.the answer is no

Frank_sumbody
11-12-2012, 06:35 AM
That is what I was iThinking

the answer is no

Slankydudl
11-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I mean if your friend isnt very computer literate its not that supprising that he assumes a file on his computer wont work on a system that he knows to be so different. I know many windows users that ive talked to that dont think some of their files will work on macs. Im not sure its so much of an apple smuggness thing that you believe it to be.

And on the note of people who use macs saying that windows is confusing, they are somewhat correct. In windows the control pannel is like a maze that only through time and experience can you find what you actually want, on macs its broken into alot more categories which is honestly a much more effective way of doing it. The point is macs are designed to create a good working enviroment, so in order to do that they make the system easy to use. Windows is designed for everything and thus is not as refined as osx but it is more of an all rounder.

The Error Guy
11-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Good thing I use chrome ;)

pcuser42
11-12-2012, 10:18 AM
In windows the control pannel is like a maze that only through time and experience can you find what you actually want

Or you can, you know, use the search function. ;)