PDA

View Full Version : You want a job come to Auckland

prefect
07-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Jobs up the arse.
Neighbour sold his business. Spent 6 months drinking piss and annoying his missus at home. He is around 60 yrs old he got all his licences and endorsements did a site safe and a Hiab course in the last 3 months about.
Applied for 5 jobs at once. One at Hire place as a yardman, other as an electrical appliance and cord tester ( no electrical exp at all) One driving a mini fuel tankers (Held licence about 2 months), One driving a cherry picker ( no exp at all), one service tech for a hoist place( no exp) got offered the jobs at all 5. What they are after he reckons is reliable, drug free and sociable.

fred_fish
07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
...Spent 6 months drinking piss...drug free...
Yeah, cos piss is different, eh?

KarameaDave
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I want a job, but prefer to defer shifting costs, will wait 'til Auckland comes to me. :p

prefect
08-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Yeah, cos piss is different, eh?Yes it is drugs are harmful and illegal, piss isnt.

gary67
08-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Yes it is drugs are harmful and illegal, piss isnt.

Piss is harmful but sadly not illegal but should be classed as class B drug

prefect
08-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Piss is harmful but sadly not illegal but should be classed as class B drug
Only in excess, like a lot of things too much water is fatal.

Gobe1
08-12-2012, 08:06 AM
100% Prefect

rob_on_guitar
08-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Wish I could get a job not doing what Ive been doing. Has anybody lied on a CV? lol

pctek
08-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Hire place as a yardman
electrical appliance and cord tester
driving a mini fuel tankers
driving a cherry picker
one service tech for a hoist place.

Can't see them hiring me for those. Except perhaps cord tester.

globe
08-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes it is drugs are harmful and illegal, piss isnt.

Piss is very harmful to those that abuse it and for those around them. It could be argued that it is the ultimate gateway drug to further substance abuse. Ever met anyone who has smoked pot or taken acid before they tried beer or wine ? Unlikely.

prefect
08-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Piss is very harmful to those that abuse it and for those around them. It could be argued that it is the ultimate gateway drug to further substance abuse. Ever met anyone who has smoked pot or taken acid before they tried beer or wine ? Unlikely.
Easy dont abuse it, drink in moderation

globe
08-12-2012, 12:19 PM

so why not treat drugs the same ? allow people to use them, just dont abuse them ?

prefect
08-12-2012, 12:35 PM
so why not treat drugs the same ? allow people to use them, just dont abuse them ?
No because even minimal use is still dangerous

rob_on_guitar
08-12-2012, 01:26 PM

Pfft, for you maybe, I know when I have a beer I'm not having just one or two.
Alcohol is harmful though, ask any doctor or crew thats had to clean up a wreck/operate on livers/stitches from a brawl/administered charcoal tabs blah blah.
Lets not pretend it's something it isn't, alcohol is a drug. The government are looking at doing the same thing to it like they did cigarettes, in fact the designs for plain packaging are already on the table etc

globe
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM

And so is alcohol. They are all posions. Just cos one is legal doesn't change these facts.

And I've never seen a bottle of whiskey prescribed by a doctor as a pain relief medication, whereas some drugs that presently are not legal are prescribed in some countries

Gobe1
08-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah Yeah sugar is a toxin too. we are all adults, if you want to smoke, smoke. If you want to drink, drink. If you want to use drugs, use drugs. Everything that as awesome is bad for you. Sick of all this bullshit

Nick G
08-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Yeah Yeah sugar is a toxin too. we are all adults, if you want to smoke, smoke. If you want to drink, drink. If you want to use drugs, use drugs. Everything that as awesome is bad for you. Sick of all this bullshit
Huge problem here with the smoking - kill yourself by smoking, sure. But, smoking also kills those around you. As does smoking cannabis. That's the thing with alcohol, unless you drink too much it doesn't affect others. Smoking, drugs - they do.

globe
08-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Huge problem here with the smoking - kill yourself by smoking, sure. But, smoking also kills those around you. As does smoking cannabis. That's the thing with alcohol, unless you drink too much it doesn't affect others. Smoking, drugs - they do.

There are ways of ingesting that doesn't affect others around you. Cookies, those atomizer thingys, standing at least 10 paces away for example

fred_fish
08-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Wow.
You must need a spreadsheet to keep track of all your double standards.

prefect
08-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Spot on.

KarameaDave
08-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Alcohol causes how many deaths on our roads?

prefect
08-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Actually zero, its drivers who drive that kill.
Same as guns, they cant kill people they dont have brains, people kill people

Richard
08-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow!!! You've brought out all the wowsers here Prefect!!! Obviously unable to understand that most people can do things in a moderate way, without tripping over into addiction, or binge drinking. Let's just enjoy what is legal, and enjoyable when in company with others, and let the whingers enjoy what it is that turns them on. (If anything.)

prefect
08-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Wow!!! You've brought out all the wowsers here Prefect!!! Obviously unable to understand that most people can do things in a moderate way, without tripping over into addiction, or binge drinking. Let's just enjoy what is legal, and enjoyable when in company with others, and let the whingers enjoy what it is that turns them on. (If anything.)

Thanks for the support Richard I was beginning to wonder if there was something wrong with having a drink.

fred_fish
08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Obviously unable to understand that most people can do things in a moderate way, without tripping over into addiction,
Couldn't agree more ...

KarameaDave
08-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Precisely. I too, agree.
Nonetheless, driving under the influence of any
of these substances is unsupportable,
causing many millions of dollars
cost to us all,
the taxpayers.
And by far the principal substance in this, is alcohol.

Whenu
08-12-2012, 07:19 PM

You wouldn't know because you were not in NZ at the time. It was popular but removed because of its strength, I remember well starting drinking at lunchtime on Saturday and be totally flako by 5 pm. Normally with DB draught I could last to about 3 in the morning before falling over. Sometimes would get the drinking yourself sober effect
Taste isn't everything with beer its no good if its weak as cats piss. Cant drink for effect if the body is getting rid of the alcohol faster than you are tipping it down your neck. They go about youth of today binge drinking meh the pansies today wouldn't have even made the grade in my day.

Moderation eh?

prefect
08-12-2012, 07:44 PM
I dont have to drink in moderation, my drinking affects no one else. People who cant handle piss need to moderate their drinking I dont

fred_fish
08-12-2012, 08:03 PM
:lol:

Classic case of denial from a delusional addict.

pctek
09-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Discuss it with your doctor.
Alcohol costs millions every year. You may think that because it's legal it's not harmful, but it is. More so than some other drugs.
And alcohol is a drug, just a legal one.

Handling piss.......right.....drunk people always overestimate their ability and underestimate the effect it has on them.

R2x1
09-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Actually zero, its drivers who drive that kill.
Same as guns, they cant kill people they dont have brains, people kill people
Guns are not capable of killing people unaided. A gun being used to do the function it was designed for is easily capable of killing people.
Cars doing their designed tasks are not instantly killing people, only gradually and indirectly by the waste products
Hammers + people drive nails; hammers are sometimes used to kill people. Used for it's designed purpose, a hammer is merely a noise nuisance to others.
Spot the difference.

pctek
10-12-2012, 06:13 AM
We have been taught to ignore one important fact: Alcohol is a drug, a poison capable of killing us if taken in sufficient quantity.

Society has been groomed to accept that consumption of alcohol and its inherent effects are socially acceptable, indeed in some situations actively encouraged.

Why not call it what it is? A mass addiction, an artificially induced chemical - dependent epidemic.

prefect
10-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I could not even contemplate a life with no drinking. No more sitting around drinking boxes of Woodies and Codies after work on a Friday then off to the pub. Life would be worthless.

Greven
10-12-2012, 07:51 AM
I could not even contemplate a life with no drinking. No more sitting around drinking boxes of Woodies and Codies after work on a Friday then off to the pub. Life would be worthless.
It ain't Jim Beam

gary67
10-12-2012, 07:53 AM
It ain't Jim Beam

Too true it's pale imitation whisky