PDA

View Full Version : Weird Facebook issue

pcuser42
07-12-2012, 10:07 PM
My girlfriend's flatmate's laptop is having a weird issue with his laptop - she tried to log into Facebook with her email and password, and it came up with his page! She tried logging out and logging back in, and then it showed her page. When she finished, she logged out and he tried to log back in, only to show up with her page again! Several restarts of Internet Explorer 8 (!) and Windows 7 didn't help at all, and now he's getting frustrated.

My theory is that it has nothing to do with Facebook, rather something is screwed with IE (which isn't surprising) - I'm thinking either the cookies aren't clearing properly or some rogue addon is interfering with Facebook. Anyone else have any other ideas?

Chilling_Silence
07-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Ctrl + Shift + R?

GameJunkie
08-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Firefox????

pcuser42
08-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Firefox???? Unfortunately we're talking about a guy who doesn't know what a web browser is :p
Ctrl + Shift + R?I tried Ctrl+F5 and it just went straight back to the login screen and still logged in as my girlfriend instead of her flatmate.

gary67
08-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Ah the joys of farcebook see and you thought you could control the monster, the only safe way to use farcebook is never to fall for its wiles in the first place

lakewoodlady
08-12-2012, 09:20 AM
What happens if you clear all saved passwords and other login details?

LL

pcuser42
08-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Ah the joys of farcebook see and you thought you could control the monster, the only safe way to use farcebook is never to fall for its wiles in the first place

As I said I doubt it's Facebook :p

What happens if you clear all saved passwords and other login details?

LL

Not too keen on doing that as I don't know what other passwords he has saved, is there a way in IE8 to clear just Facebook?

The Error Guy
08-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Update to IE10? As you said, sounds like a cookie not clearing or something interfering.

Disable all addons and/or open a private browser so as to have clean session. That way you can eliminate IE as a problem or something on the PC.

Use chrome with the switchable users/sessions mode :) great for shared PC's because you can save passwords like a wild child and don't have to log in/out of sites :D

wainuitech
08-12-2012, 10:06 AM
When you log into facebook, ( doesn't matter what browser) theres a check box that says keep me logged in. make sure that is unticked.

Also when you log in, If the option to remember password was selected ( bottom of IE) then it seems to default to that login.

Its NOT facebook, its a setting on your Computer.

If we are using rockmelt and Facebook you have to be careful, as you log into rockmelt, and more than once I've logged into what was meant to be my account but was the mrs, when she didn't log out fully. Thats the browser, not Facebook.

pcuser42
08-12-2012, 10:15 AM
open a private browser so as to have clean session.

I didn't think of that... that's a good idea :D

Use chrome with the switchable users/sessions mode :) great for shared PC's because you can save passwords like a wild child and don't have to log in/out of sites :D

I think in future my girlfriend will just use her own laptop :p

When you log into facebook, ( doesn't matter what browser) theres a check box that says keep me logged in. make sure that is unticked.

It was.

Renmoo
08-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I think in future my girlfriend will just use her own laptop :p
Or use portable apps instead

e.g. Portable Firefox on her USB drive. http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

pcuser42
08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Or use portable apps instead

e.g. Portable Firefox on her USB drive. http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Yeah I was going to do that with my copy if I was to borrow the laptop :D