PDA

View Full Version : Skype

Ron24
05-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Two problems with Skype: using XP:

After using a contact from my list for some time, it vanished. Tried to add as a new contact but refused, saying that I had it installed already. If I can find it I will delete and reinstall. Where can I find it?.

Problem number 2.

I want Skype to open when windows opens: when I tick the box in options, it starts to open and then the red warning box of Iobit appears saying it's dangerous. Have done all the testing for virus etc. and none showing.

Any help appreciated.Ron..

Speedy Gonzales
05-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Disable Iobit whatever it is. If it doesnt work reinstall it. Is it version 6.0.0.126?

dugimodo
05-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Never heard of Iobits which makes me immediately wary of it, seems to be some kind of malware scanner etc?
If you are confident it's a good product and want to keep it look for a way to exclude skype from it's scan, if not delete it from your system and use something else.

Of course it's possible your skype has gotten infected with something and Iobit is warning you.
Download the latest Skype, uninstall yours and install the newly downloaded one. See what that does (yeah what speedy said)

Ron24
05-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Disable Iobit whatever it is. If it doesnt work reinstall it. Is it version 6.0.0.126?
Thanks for the reply the Iobit is version V1 6.
I exited it and ticked the window to open Skype with windows opening: so happy with the result no red warning.
Thanks again Ron