PDA

View Full Version : A page within a page - Excel question

rob_on_guitar
05-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi guys,
Using Excel 2010, am I able to make a page within a page?

I am currently using it a worksheet with 6 tabs/pages.

What I would like to do is have a permanent page up so I can open different worksheets and on the permanent page write notes as I go through them.

Is this possible, or am I looking at opening 2 instances of excel? I would like to avoid this as I'm using a number of programmes that need the screen space.

Cheers

rob_on_guitar
05-12-2012, 10:39 AM

This is what I am after, but say book2 would be permanent, new worksheets could be opened/closed in book1's place. And without the borders etc.

the_bogan
05-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Going off 2007, and not having used the 2010 version, is view side by side what you're after?

rob_on_guitar
05-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Kind of, Ive been using that most of the time, but I'm thinking I want a permanent fix for one side. This is so that if sent to another person, when they open it up the layout is already there.
A number of us are using the different worksheets twice a day, ultimately the side panel/sheet would be collecting notes/messages from everyones worksheet and leaving it up.

TeejayR
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi Rob

I set up one spreadsheet as a right hand side by side view called notes and saved that

I then opened another spreadsheet and set that up on the left hand side and saved that. Now when I open the notes spreadsheet it is loaded at the right hand side and when I call up the other spreadsheet it is loaded as the left side. The trick seems to be to get the layout right then save each sheet

Trev

gary67
06-12-2012, 08:25 AM
This would be handy for me in my work too