PDA

View Full Version : No sound in youtube.

Cicero
04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I have sound on computer, but nothing from youtube.
(my music)
Nothing is muted, so not sure where to look.

Terry Porritt
04-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Do you have an"sound manager" where sound tests can be carried out to test speakers and default audio device ?

If you have a speaker icon in system tray right click on it to see whether a manager option is available.

Cicero
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Do you have an"sound manager" where sound tests can be carried out to test speakers and default audio device ?

If you have a speaker icon in system tray right click on it to see whether a manager option is available.

I do Ter, and as I said, the sound is good on everything but youtube.

the_bogan
04-12-2012, 04:30 PM
None of these help Cicero?

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=58132

Terry Porritt
04-12-2012, 05:26 PM
It could be worthwhile checking the flash player settings: go here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

and when the Global Storage Settings panel appears check to see if the "Allow third party Flash content to store data on your computer" has the box ticked, if not tick it and see if you get sound back.

I had sound and other problems a while ago after unchecking this box thinking that I was making my computer more secure.

Cicero
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks Bogan, did all that, but no luck, tried Terry's and that did it.

Needless to say, we have one happy chappy, thanks Terr.

Terry Porritt
05-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks Bogan, did all that, but no luck, tried Terry's and that did it.

Needless to say, we have one happy chappy, thanks Terr.

I'm glad that worked. The question is, why was that feature turned off, and by whom or what ?

Do you have some left wing, do gooder, safety and security program hiding on your computer that thought it knew what was best for you and turned it off? :lol:

jonos176
05-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Hi Cicero, i saw your details in previous problem. I do not know how to use yahoo messenger. So please apologies for asking here. I have a problem that you had the same problem with. I have a rural block of land with a tank on it( so no insurance). I drove by my tank yesterday and noticed it had the exact same problem as your tank, i have a black 30000 litre water skellerup tank. looking at the split that has appeared is the same as yours. I too have a vent , ours vents through the lid. can you help us. You said you had 2 engineers have a look and they could not see a problem. Can you give me a head start on what we should do?, the tank would be about 10 years old.

Cicero
05-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Cicero, i saw your details in previous problem. I do not know how to use yahoo messenger. So please apologies for asking here. I have a problem that you had the same problem with. I have a rural block of land with a tank on it( so no insurance). I drove by my tank yesterday and noticed it had the exact same problem as your tank, i have a black 30000 litre water skellerup tank. looking at the split that has appeared is the same as yours. I too have a vent , ours vents through the lid. can you help us. You said you had 2 engineers have a look and they could not see a problem. Can you give me a head start on what we should do?, the tank would be about 10 years old.
The conclusion the engineers came to, was that the vents must have been blocked allowing the pump which was now sucking air, to pull top of tank in, causing to split.
I am sure that was not the case, but what can you say against so called experts.

My insurance came to the party and paid for a new one, so now I have a Baily one and all is well.

Cicero
05-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm glad that worked. The question is, why was that feature turned off, and by whom or what ?

Do you have some left wing, do gooder, safety and security program hiding on your computer that thought it knew what was best for you and turned it off? :lol:

You are so right Terr, one has to be careful with those L.W. do gooders lurking about.

I have had stranger things happen on my computer, so am happy with the thing now working.

jonos176
05-12-2012, 09:47 AM
could i give you my email to talk about this privately. I have not had a pump on the tank since march, and it has only happened in the last few days. We were only gravity feeding it to a sprayer tractor.
in terms of your tank, what was the water going into your tank like?. And anyway if that were true. If you looked in your tank you would have seen any debris floating in the tank. also was your pump overflowing much previous to the burst?.
my email is john.w@hotmail.co.nz ( yes its not a .com email for some reason i don't know).

jonos176
05-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Also my tank is the same tear. You see your split is white http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/cicero1520/DSCF2066Medium.jpg. where you would think a black tank( or green ) would tear the same color as the material. White would indicate a progressive giving away. my air hole was a clear hole in the lid.

Cicero
05-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Also my tank is the same tear. You see your split is white http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/cicero1520/DSCF2066Medium.jpg. where you would think a black tank( or green ) would tear the same color as the material. White would indicate a progressive giving away. my air hole was a clear hole in the lid.

My vents were on the wall of the turret which holds the lid.

So to block them would be quite a achievement.

Skelrup sold out that part of business