PDA

View Full Version : smilecity spam

gsd_owner
02-12-2012, 01:05 PM
why am i getting so much spam from this moron?I have sent two emails to the site owner and neither has been replyed to.I saw on this site about it being a big scam and i tend to believe it.
EDIT
Yet I see another thread about this site
admin_contact_name: Bob Cheng
admin_contact_address1: Level 10, 201 Pacific Hwy
admin_contact_city: ST LEONARDS
admin_contact_province: NSW
admin_contact_country: AU (AUSTRALIA)
admin_contact_phone: +61 2 94098600
admin_contact_fax: +61 2 94098690
admin_contact_email: bcheng@emailcash.com.au
And i don
tlike the look of that domain name emailcash.It smells highly of spam

Speedy Gonzales
02-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Block it or ignore it

gsd_owner
02-12-2012, 01:16 PM
the moron who is sending the crap is getting a "nice" autoresponder but i think the spam is coming from a no reply type email account and i don't want to open them because there will be a link back in the emails.I keep on reporting them as spam to my provider as well.
If the worst comes i will just phone the owner.I just hope google picks up on his details and the spammers pick it up from there.This f'wit needs to get a taste of his own spam

Nick G
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
You should be able to block the email address in your email settings.

gsd_owner
02-12-2012, 03:19 PM
yes,i have blocked the domain

Bobh
02-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Is there an 'Unsubscribe' button at the bottom of the spam email?

Agent_24
04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Smilecity isn't a scam, and the address "bcheng@emailcash.com.au" is on the domain registration entry for smilecity.co.nz so I say it's legitimate.

Don't know why you're getting the emails though - but watch out they may not actually be from smilecity!

They may have a faked sender address and contain links that redirect to phishing scam websites instead of the real thing.

Blue Druid
04-12-2012, 10:57 PM
I have been a member of Smile City for some time and so far have collected $390 in cold hard cash from their reward points and expect another $100 in the next month or so. Not a fortune but it is money for jam.. They don't ask for my name, address and bath night so I am quite happy to earn a few bucks doing the product surveys they send me from time to time. A buck is a buck to a pensioner and it isn't hard to say whether I prefer x brand coffee to y brand tea.