PDA

View Full Version : Editing .mkv file from two frames to one

supersi
01-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I was given an .mkv video file which for some annoying reason is in double-frame. Screenshot here Attached file: Double_trouble.jpg (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/upload/Double_trouble.jpg) (87 KB)

I have looked in VLC, and other players I have tried, but can't seem to find a setting which will make the video go to a single frame. Google searching a solution didn't help either.

Has anyone else encountered and solved this problem?

kahawai chaser
01-12-2012, 11:39 PM
I use to do merge frames, demuxing, etc, but not with mkv containers. You might find an answer by searching "dual mirror images in mkv frame files" in Video Help Com. (http://www.videohelp.com/) Though may involve using scripts and mkv utilities, e.g. mkvmerge, toolnix, etc.

Erayd
02-12-2012, 12:59 AM
This is the start of a Paramount 3D movie in anamorphic side-by-side format (the two frames you see are right eye / left eye) - where did you get the file from?

Paul.Cov
02-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah, you've got a 3D video.

The simple answer is to re-encode doing a crop of half the image. Super has the facilities to do all this, but you need to dig a bit to find all the options (the interface gets a bit untidy for advanced options).

I'd suggest making a small file of only a few seconds of the original double frame file to use as a test file to run through Super til you get the options correct. It might be simpler to do it in two passes. One to crop one side, the other to widen / set aspect ratio (hopefully not necessary).

BBCmicro
03-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Cropping is probably the way to go. However, SUPER might be incompatible with Win7 64bit (it was 2 years ago)

I changed to Xmedia Recode when I found SUPER didn't work and I think it is far better (Win7pro64)

Xmedia allows cancel at any point and you end up with a truncated file that will play

I often use the crop function in Xmedia to remove interlacing effects at the top of recorded pictures

I would be interested to learn how Mediainfo reports on 3D???

tmrafi
03-12-2012, 04:06 PM
You can play the video as 2D using VLC without any reencoding. However you have to start VLC from command line. Open up command prompt, change to the directory where you have the mkv file and enter the following command

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --video-splitter=wall --wall-cols=2 --wall-rows=1 --wall-element-aspect=16:10 --wall-active=1 --monitor-par=1:2 filename.mkv