PDA

View Full Version : iTunes

plod
30-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Has anyone here been brave enough to try the new iTunes on windows yet?

The Error Guy
30-11-2012, 05:14 PM
No, and as long as iOS stays at iTunes 10 minimum requirement I won't be upgrading. I only use it to flash & activate repaired devices. No point upgrading otherwise.

wainuitech
30-11-2012, 07:52 PM
After reading the Question ------

I was brave :thumbs:

Just upgraded ? it from old version to New.

Music still plays thats not itunes purchased :punk

Spose ya wanna know what I think ;)

Wellllll first thoughts/ impressions are this --- Take windows 7 make a few alterations then call it windows 8

In other words, same program to a degree just moved things about, hidden settings -- maybe after more investigation, certainly no great "new thing"

( just found this out) Apple once again being total "big Brother' -- Wan*ers

Some of my purchased music requires you to sign into Itunes store and agree to the new terms and conditions.

Heres the killer, it wont let you play the music you have purchased UNLESS YOU ARE SIGNED IN and connected to the internet----------- WTF :angry

Just signed out while a purchased album was playing, and what ya know it stopped playing, resigned back in and it carried on. Nice one Apple -- Bloody control freaks.

KarameaDave
30-11-2012, 07:56 PM
crApple? Control freaks? Who'd have thought it? :D
Dicks.

icow
30-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Just signed out while a purchased album was playing, and what ya know it stopped playing, resigned back in and it carried on. Nice one Apple -- Bloody control freaks.

Don't buy music from iTunes then. Duh.

wainuitech
30-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Don't buy music from iTunes then. Duh. normally I dont if I can get it someplace else. At the time Digarama ( now Marbecks) didn't have what I was looking for.

Its easy enough to bypass cRapples protection any way.

Alex B
30-11-2012, 08:34 PM
iTunes music is DRM free so don't understand the fault you are having there. On first look I thought it was going to be crap, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised. I am on OSX so can't compare reliability, it's always been good unlike the Windows version.

wainuitech
30-11-2012, 09:04 PM
iTunes music is DRM free so don't understand the fault you are having there It may be DRM free now, but I have music purchased when it DID have DRM. This was Pre January 2009 & Thats the stuff thats giving problems. But thats easy enough to bypass when I can be bothered :)

On 6 January 2009 Apple announced at the 2009 Macworld Conference & Expo that they had reached an agreement with major record labels to sell all music on the iTunes Store free of DRM restrictions. Eight million tracks were available with FairPlay restrictions removed from that day with the remainder of the music store to be DRM-free by the end of March 2009. However, movies, books, and television shows purchased from the iTunes Store still contain FairPlay restrictions.

R2x1
30-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Has "fair" undergone a reversal of the olde meaning?

KarameaDave
30-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Has "fair" undergone a reversal of the olde meaning?
Oh, no it's always fair, if you're crApple.

GameJunkie
30-11-2012, 10:02 PM
i like the new version

R2x1
30-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Fair enough.

Alex B
30-11-2012, 11:15 PM
It may be DRM free now, but I have music purchased when it DID have DRM. This was Pre January 2009 & Thats the stuff thats giving problems. But thats easy enough to bypass when I can be bothered :)

Have you redownloaded since 2009? I'm guessing any restrictions may disappear if you do so. I have just checked a song I purchased in 2007 and it plays fine when signed out.

Nick G
01-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Remember the freeview ads? 'To be fair, its got to be free.' Which stops any crapple service from being fair :D

gary67
01-12-2012, 07:49 AM

It might not be fair it could be Blonde

wainuitech
01-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Have you redownloaded since 2009? I'm guessing any restrictions may disappear if you do so. I have just checked a song I purchased in 2007 and it plays fine when signed out. Yep downloaded a couple after 2009, and the y play fine. Just went back through the Pre 2009 and only a few are not playing while being signed in, some will play some wont -- Strange. Doesn't really matter as they have had to have had the DRM removed anyway, as I dont play them on itunes very much unless its on this PC.

paulw
01-12-2012, 06:46 PM
I just installed it and wondered what crApple had done. After digging deep I was able to revert to the V10 look. So far so good.

plod
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I just installed it and wondered what crApple had done. After digging deep I was able to revert to the V10 look. So far so good.was thinking more of is it still a resource hog on windows